Mark Wahlberg and his son cover Esquire fatherhood issue
- Photo: Esquire/Promotional1 of 10
- Photo: WENN2 of 10
- Photo: MediaPunch Inc/Rex USA3 of 10
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage4 of 10
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage5 of 10
- Photo: Javiles/Fame Flynet6 of 10
- Photo: @kellyandmichael/Instagram7 of 10
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/Invision/AP8 of 10
- Photo: Splash News9 of 10
More Celeb News
- AwesomenessTV's Brian Robbins on How He'll Make 'The SMOSH Movie&aposMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 4:15:00 PM
- '90210' Alum AnnaLynne McCord Booked for CBS's 'Stalker&aposMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 4:12:00 PM
- How Networks Are Moving On From 'Irrelevant' Overnight Ratings: The 7-Day SolutionMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 4:11:00 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 6:52 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 3:52:23 PM
- Joan Rivers Clinic 'Fixes Problems' Cited After the Comedienne's DeathMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 3:49:00 PM
- AwesomenessTV's Brian Robbins on How He'll Make 'The SMOSH Movie&apos
Marky Mark is one adorable father! Mark Wahlberg appears on the cover of Esquire's fatherhood-themed June/July issue, posing with one of his sons sitting on his shoulders.
Once the bad boy of Funky Bunch fame, Wahlberg, 42, is now married to model Rhea Durham, and the father to four children: Ella, 10, Michael, 8, Brendan, 5, and Grace, 4.
The "Ted" actor looks relaxed and happy on the publication's cover, smiling in a pair of dark jeans, a heather grey T-shirt, and black leather jacket. While his son's face is hidden from the camera, his hands are rested on his father's chest, while his jeans and boots-clad legs and feet hang over his father's shoulders.
"I think the most important thing is to always be involved in every aspect of their life," Wahlberg told Esquire about his parenting strategy. "To give them enough trust that they can share things with you. I don’t want them to be terrified of me, you know? But I don’t want them to think they can do whatever they want and get away with it, either, because they can't."
"The biggest thing for me is, you know, as quickly as I was able to turn it around, to get from there to here, from me having nothing as a kid to me here now, providing everything for my kids, it’s like, I worry that maybe they won’t appreciate things," he continued. "I worry that maybe they’ll have a sense of entitlement. You don’t wanna give your kids everything without giving them the tools to be great people."
Pick up the fatherhood issue of Esquire on newsstands on May 27.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
From Rihanna to Lady Gaga, scope out the worst dressed A-listers at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, Spring/ Summer 2015!Watch Video »
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
All Grown Up
Nick Jonas reveals how he celebrated his 22nd birthday on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Beyonce is Hot
Check out Beyonce's all-time sexiest looks.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Cara Delevingne, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHooking Up?
From Crowd Ignite