Mark Wahlberg: I Would Have Been a Hero on 9/11 Plane
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage1 of 18
- Photo: RAK/ZO6/WENN2 of 18
- Photo: Allan Bregg/Splash News3 of 18
- Photo: BSA/ZOJ/WENN4 of 18
- Photo: Owen Beiny/WENN5 of 18
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Wonderwall6 of 18
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP7 of 18
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com8 of 18
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP9 of 18
- Photo: AB1/WENN10 of 18
- Photo: Adriana M. Barraza/WENN11 of 18
- Photo: COKE WHITWORTH/Invision/AP12 of 18
- Photo: ANDREW MEDICHINI/Invision/AP13 of 18
- Photo: Theo Wargo/WireImage.com14 of 18
- Photo: Barry King/WireImage15 of 18
- Photo: Splash News16 of 18
- Photo: Warner Bros.17 of 18
More Celeb News
- ABC's 'Nashville' Plans 2 Live Performances During Season 3 PremiereMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:40:00 PM
- 'Big Bang Theory' Contract Talks: 5 Past Negotiations to Set Your Mind at EaseMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:32:00 PM
- Christina Aguilera Dresses Up Like Demi Moore for Naked, Pregnant Magazine Cover (Photos)MSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:20:00 PM
- Selena Gomez Breaks Her Own Rotten Tomatoes Record With a Zero for 'Behaving Badly&aposMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 4:09:00 PM
- Grey's Anatomy's Ellen Pompeo Developing Drama for ABC FamilyMSNEntertainment 8/1/2014 3:11:00 PM
- ABC's 'Nashville' Plans 2 Live Performances During Season 3 Premiere
Us Weekly -- Mark Wahlberg doesn't just play an action hero on the big screen -- he wants to be one in real life, too.
In the February issue of Men's Journal, the 40-year-old actor reveals he was scheduled to be on one of the two planes that crashed into the World Trade Center on Sept. 11, 2001. Had Wahlberg made his flight, the "Contraband" star predicts things would have turned out much differently.
"If I was on that plane with my kids, it wouldn't have went down like it did," Wahlberg imagines. "There would have been a lot of blood in that first-class cabin and then me saying, 'OK, we're going to land somewhere safely. Don't worry.'"
The controversial comments immediately drew criticism from 9/11 survivors and victims, their families and the media. TMZ reported on Wednesday afternoon that Wahlberg had apologized for his comments to Men's Journal.
"To speculate about such a situation is ridiculous to begin with," he said. "I deeply apologize to the families of the victims that my answer came off as insensitive, it was certainly not my intention."
Hero talk aside, Wahlberg says he has a soft side. He admits to crying "about six or seven times" while watching "The Help," which his wife Rhea Durham picked. Wahlberg tells Men's Journal he lets Durham choose what they see on date nights, "as long as it isn't a Sarah Jessica Parker movie."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get out the vote
Bloom vs. Bieber
Get the scoop on Orlando Bloom and Justin Bieber's on-going feud on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Heidi Klum, Jada Pinkett Smith, and Miranda Kerr all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Beyonce and more stars share their summer love on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Gisele Bundchen swims with horses on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXT'Sin'-fully Sexy
From Crowd Ignite