Mark Wahlberg Isn't Taking Steroids for Beefed-Up Look in New Film
- Photo: Jeff Steinberg/PacificCoastNews.com1 of 12
- Photo: OHPIX/Bauer-Griffin2 of 12
- Photo: SBMF/Fame Flynet3 of 12
- Photo: Jeff Steinberg/Thibault Monnier/PacificCoastNews.com4 of 12
- Photo: OHPIX/Bauer-Griffin5 of 12
- Photo: RNF/ZOJ/WENN6 of 12
- Photo: Jeff Steinberg/PacificCoastNews.com7 of 12
- Photo: JG3/ZJE/WENN8 of 12
- Photo: RNF/ZOJ/WENN9 of 12
- Photo: Allan Bregg/Splash News10 of 12
- Photo: Splash News11 of 12
More Celeb News
- Shaquille O'Neal, Rapper Waka Flocka Flame Sued for Making Fun of Disabled Man on Social MeMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 12:17:00 PM
- 'Sharknado 2: The Second One' Premiere More Than Doubles Original's RatinMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 11:59:00 AM
- Peter Capaldi's 'Doctor Who' Season Debut Gets Theatrical RunMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 11:54:00 AM
- Exclusive: Mad Men's Rich Sommer Returning to ElementaryMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 11:54:00 AM
- VIDEO: Kathy Bates on Her Personal Ties to American Horror Story: Freak ShowMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 11:51:00 AM
- Shaquille O'Neal, Rapper Waka Flocka Flame Sued for Making Fun of Disabled Man on Social Me
Marky Mark isn't getting juiced.
Mark Wahlberg has been looking seriously beefy (in acid washed jeans and parachute pants!) shooting "Pain and Gain" in Miami. Starring Wahlberg, 40, and Dwayne Johnson, the 90s-era flick is about two bodybuilders mixed up in an extortion and kidnapping plot.
Wahlberg's pumped-up physique in "Pain and Gain" -- arguably even more massive than the actor's days as rapper and underwear model Marky Mark in the '90s -- has some fans even speculating whether he's using steroids to get the look.
"Mark Wahlberg definitely is not using any kind of enhancements to pump up," a source tells Us Weekly. (Indeed, Wahlberg's rep tells Us that the star has never used steroids.)
"Even though the film is about steroid abusing gym rats, he took it as a personal challenge to get to the size he is at now and has been training non-stop," the insider explains, adding that the star has been using state-of-the art equipment on location.
His already-huge costar Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson just "inspire[s] him to work harder," the source adds.
Despite the chiseled, muscular look, Wahlberg (now a married father of four), joked with Leonardo DiCaprio that their days as the hottest men in Hollywood are over.
"I'm sitting at a table with a gentleman who is better looking than you and is in better shape than me," Wahlberg told DiCaprio, 37, during a speech at the Hollywood Foreign Press Association's luncheon in Beverly Hills, Calif., earlier this year. "So, we're both out of a job, dude. Taylor Lautner! We're screwed."
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Mark Wahlberg Isn't Taking Steroids for Beefed-Up Look in New Film
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Britney Spears, Beyonce and more stars share their summer love on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTNew Look
From Crowd Ignite