Mark Wahlberg Isn't Taking Steroids for Beefed-Up Look in New Film
- Photo: Jeff Steinberg/PacificCoastNews.com1 of 12
- Photo: OHPIX/Bauer-Griffin2 of 12
- Photo: SBMF/Fame Flynet3 of 12
- Photo: Jeff Steinberg/Thibault Monnier/PacificCoastNews.com4 of 12
- Photo: OHPIX/Bauer-Griffin5 of 12
- Photo: RNF/ZOJ/WENN6 of 12
- Photo: Jeff Steinberg/PacificCoastNews.com7 of 12
- Photo: JG3/ZJE/WENN8 of 12
- Photo: RNF/ZOJ/WENN9 of 12
- Photo: Allan Bregg/Splash News10 of 12
- Photo: Splash News11 of 12
More Celeb News
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (PossibMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 3:18:15 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: 'Porcelain Horse' Writer-Director on the 'ExpecMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:39 PM
- Award-Winning Producers to Finance Documentary About Forgotten Film Legend (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:13 PM
- Obama Nominates Sony's Tom Rothman to National Council on the ArtsMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:47:27 PM
- 'American Hustle' and 'Saving Mr. Banks' Hit Box Office in Heat MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 1:44:28 PM
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (Possib
Marky Mark isn't getting juiced.
Mark Wahlberg has been looking seriously beefy (in acid washed jeans and parachute pants!) shooting "Pain and Gain" in Miami. Starring Wahlberg, 40, and Dwayne Johnson, the 90s-era flick is about two bodybuilders mixed up in an extortion and kidnapping plot.
Wahlberg's pumped-up physique in "Pain and Gain" -- arguably even more massive than the actor's days as rapper and underwear model Marky Mark in the '90s -- has some fans even speculating whether he's using steroids to get the look.
"Mark Wahlberg definitely is not using any kind of enhancements to pump up," a source tells Us Weekly. (Indeed, Wahlberg's rep tells Us that the star has never used steroids.)
"Even though the film is about steroid abusing gym rats, he took it as a personal challenge to get to the size he is at now and has been training non-stop," the insider explains, adding that the star has been using state-of-the art equipment on location.
His already-huge costar Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson just "inspire[s] him to work harder," the source adds.
Despite the chiseled, muscular look, Wahlberg (now a married father of four), joked with Leonardo DiCaprio that their days as the hottest men in Hollywood are over.
"I'm sitting at a table with a gentleman who is better looking than you and is in better shape than me," Wahlberg told DiCaprio, 37, during a speech at the Hollywood Foreign Press Association's luncheon in Beverly Hills, Calif., earlier this year. "So, we're both out of a job, dude. Taylor Lautner! We're screwed."
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Mark Wahlberg Isn't Taking Steroids for Beefed-Up Look in New Film
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
"Shah's of Sunset" star Asa Soltan talks about this season's drama, possible wedding bells with her boyfriend and more.Watch Video »
From Jenny and Donnie to Amanda and Justin, see more celebs who found new love in 2013.Watch Video »
Kourtney Kardashian hits up the happiest place on Earth on today’s Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Olivia Wilde to Mario Lopez, see which stars have the hottest beach bods of 2013.Watch Video »
Victoria’s Secret Angel Candice Swanepoel talks to WW about wearing the $10 million bra, eating steak, Taylor Swift and if she plans to marry her boyfriend.Watch Video »
Check out the many times Taylor Swift has pulled out her surprise face at award shows.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXT'70s Style
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite