Mark Wahlberg Isn't Taking Steroids for Beefed-Up Look in New Film
- Photo: Jeff Steinberg/PacificCoastNews.com1 of 12
- Photo: OHPIX/Bauer-Griffin2 of 12
- Photo: SBMF/Fame Flynet3 of 12
- Photo: Jeff Steinberg/Thibault Monnier/PacificCoastNews.com4 of 12
- Photo: OHPIX/Bauer-Griffin5 of 12
- Photo: RNF/ZOJ/WENN6 of 12
- Photo: Jeff Steinberg/PacificCoastNews.com7 of 12
- Photo: JG3/ZJE/WENN8 of 12
- Photo: RNF/ZOJ/WENN9 of 12
- Photo: Allan Bregg/Splash News10 of 12
- Photo: Splash News11 of 12
More Celeb News
- From "Sassenach" to Time Travel! Everything You Need to Know About Starz'MSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:48:00 PM
- ABC's 'The Quest' Producers Reveal How They Found HeroesMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:26:00 PM
- Sharknado 2 Sets Record With Nearly 4 Million ViewersMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:04:00 PM
- Javier Bardem clarifies comments in open letter about Middle East conflictMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 3:43:00 PM
- Netflix Revives The Killing For One Last CaseMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 3:14:00 PM
- From "Sassenach" to Time Travel! Everything You Need to Know About Starz'
Marky Mark isn't getting juiced.
Mark Wahlberg has been looking seriously beefy (in acid washed jeans and parachute pants!) shooting "Pain and Gain" in Miami. Starring Wahlberg, 40, and Dwayne Johnson, the 90s-era flick is about two bodybuilders mixed up in an extortion and kidnapping plot.
Wahlberg's pumped-up physique in "Pain and Gain" -- arguably even more massive than the actor's days as rapper and underwear model Marky Mark in the '90s -- has some fans even speculating whether he's using steroids to get the look.
"Mark Wahlberg definitely is not using any kind of enhancements to pump up," a source tells Us Weekly. (Indeed, Wahlberg's rep tells Us that the star has never used steroids.)
"Even though the film is about steroid abusing gym rats, he took it as a personal challenge to get to the size he is at now and has been training non-stop," the insider explains, adding that the star has been using state-of-the art equipment on location.
His already-huge costar Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson just "inspire[s] him to work harder," the source adds.
Despite the chiseled, muscular look, Wahlberg (now a married father of four), joked with Leonardo DiCaprio that their days as the hottest men in Hollywood are over.
"I'm sitting at a table with a gentleman who is better looking than you and is in better shape than me," Wahlberg told DiCaprio, 37, during a speech at the Hollywood Foreign Press Association's luncheon in Beverly Hills, Calif., earlier this year. "So, we're both out of a job, dude. Taylor Lautner! We're screwed."
This article originally appeared on Usmagazine.com: Mark Wahlberg Isn't Taking Steroids for Beefed-Up Look in New Film
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
From Benji Madden and Cameron Diaz to Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon, take a look at some of Hollywood's strangest couples.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
See how Angelina Jolie's looks have changed over the years.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTNew Look
From Crowd Ignite