Mark Wahlberg on his mom: She's 'not speaking to me right now’
- Photo: @kellyandmichael/Instagram1 of 12
- Photo: HRC/WENN2 of 12
- Photo: Dave Allocca/StarTraks3 of 12
- Photo: FS2/FayesVision/WENN4 of 12
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/Invision/AP5 of 12
- Photo: OPC/ZOJ/WENN6 of 12
- Photo: Israel Leal/Invision/AP7 of 12
- Photo: Marion Curtis/StarTraks8 of 12
- Photo: LApix/Fame Flynet9 of 12
- Photo: Fernando Lucena/StarTraks10 of 12
- Photo: Calvin Klein/Promotional11 of 12
More Celeb News
- 'Citadel's' Ciaran Foy to Direct 'Sinister 2' for BlumhMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 4:38:00 PM
- 'Heaven Is for Real' Reviews: Does the Faith-Based Film Make Believers Out of CritMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 4:25:00 PM
- Fox responds to Bryan Singer abuse allegationsMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 3:54:00 PM
- Scandal Star Columbus Short's Wife Files for DivorceMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 2:59:00 PM
- Check Out Dave Chappelle's New Buff LookMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 2:38:00 PM
- 'Citadel's' Ciaran Foy to Direct 'Sinister 2' for Blumh
He is arguably the most famous Wahlberg, but that doesn't mean he's the favorite back home. Mark Wahlberg hinted during an appearance on "Live! with Kelly and Michael" that he currently doesn't have the closest relationship with his mother, Alma Elaine.
"My mom's not speaking to me right now," the 42-year-old star said to Kelly Ripa and Michael Strahan during an interview on Dec. 4. "It's been like that since day one."
The father of four with wife Rhea Durham didn't go into any further detail but appeared uneasy about the situation.
In response, Ripa pointed out that there could be an easy explanation. "The mother always likes the one who's doing least well the most," she explained. Wahlberg replied: "Oh that's it, I gotta do that."
Wahlberg has five brothers, Donnie, Robert, Arthur, Paul and Jim; sisters Michele and Tracey; and three half siblings, Scott, Buddy and Donna.
The younger brother of New Kids on the Block crooner Donnie, 44, the Boston native first broke out in the late 1980s and early 1990s as muscle-bound rapper (and Calvin Klein model) Marky Mark. Donnie, meanwhile, continues to tour with NKOTB and now stars on the CBS series "Blue Bloods."
Since then, Walhlberg has become one of the biggest actors and producers in Hollywood. He's produced HBO's "Entourage" and "How to Make It in America," and has starred in several films over the years, including "Planet of the Apes" (2001), "The Italian Job" (2003), "The Departed" (2006), "The Fighter" (2010) and "Ted" (2012).
Mark and Donnie are currently producing an A&E reality TV series together, "Wahlburgers." The show will focus on the brothers' restaurant near their native Boston.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Watch as Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Kirstie Alley talk about their tumble during their routine.Watch Video »
Justin Bieber makes a surprise appearance at Coachella where Selena Gomez happens to be hanging out with the Jenner sisters on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Shemar Moore shouts out all his “baby girls” and shows off his impressive shirtless body on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best Bikini Bods
Kim Kardashian, Bar Refaeli and Heidi Klum share their best bikini pics on social media on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Watch as Carrie Underwood talks about married life on Ellen.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite