Mark Wahlberg on his mom: She's 'not speaking to me right now’
- Photo: @kellyandmichael/Instagram1 of 12
- Photo: HRC/WENN2 of 12
- Photo: Dave Allocca/StarTraks3 of 12
- Photo: FS2/FayesVision/WENN4 of 12
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/Invision/AP5 of 12
- Photo: OPC/ZOJ/WENN6 of 12
- Photo: Israel Leal/Invision/AP7 of 12
- Photo: Marion Curtis/StarTraks8 of 12
- Photo: LApix/Fame Flynet9 of 12
- Photo: Fernando Lucena/StarTraks10 of 12
- Photo: Calvin Klein/Promotional11 of 12
More Celeb News
- Ferguson Sued for $40 Million for Response to ProtestsMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 6:35:00 AM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 9:19 a.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 6:19:33 AM
- Discovery Cancels Sons of Guns after Will Hayden Arrested on Rape ChargesMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 6:01:00 AM
- 'Big Brother' Eviction Leads to Guest Spot on 'The Bold and the BeautifulMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 12:02:00 AM
- 'As Above, So Below' Review: Deserves a Swift BurialMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 10:23:00 PM
- Ferguson Sued for $40 Million for Response to Protests
He is arguably the most famous Wahlberg, but that doesn't mean he's the favorite back home. Mark Wahlberg hinted during an appearance on "Live! with Kelly and Michael" that he currently doesn't have the closest relationship with his mother, Alma Elaine.
"My mom's not speaking to me right now," the 42-year-old star said to Kelly Ripa and Michael Strahan during an interview on Dec. 4. "It's been like that since day one."
The father of four with wife Rhea Durham didn't go into any further detail but appeared uneasy about the situation.
In response, Ripa pointed out that there could be an easy explanation. "The mother always likes the one who's doing least well the most," she explained. Wahlberg replied: "Oh that's it, I gotta do that."
Wahlberg has five brothers, Donnie, Robert, Arthur, Paul and Jim; sisters Michele and Tracey; and three half siblings, Scott, Buddy and Donna.
The younger brother of New Kids on the Block crooner Donnie, 44, the Boston native first broke out in the late 1980s and early 1990s as muscle-bound rapper (and Calvin Klein model) Marky Mark. Donnie, meanwhile, continues to tour with NKOTB and now stars on the CBS series "Blue Bloods."
Since then, Walhlberg has become one of the biggest actors and producers in Hollywood. He's produced HBO's "Entourage" and "How to Make It in America," and has starred in several films over the years, including "Planet of the Apes" (2001), "The Italian Job" (2003), "The Departed" (2006), "The Fighter" (2010) and "Ted" (2012).
Mark and Donnie are currently producing an A&E reality TV series together, "Wahlburgers." The show will focus on the brothers' restaurant near their native Boston.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Rihanna strips down to a bikini while vacationing near an active volcano off the coast of Italy on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Search For Celebrity Santa
We're on the hunt for the celebrities who could potentially fill Santa's shoes.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTPup Power
From Crowd Ignite