Mark Wahlberg on his mom: She's 'not speaking to me right now’
- Photo: @kellyandmichael/Instagram1 of 12
- Photo: HRC/WENN2 of 12
- Photo: Dave Allocca/StarTraks3 of 12
- Photo: FS2/FayesVision/WENN4 of 12
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/Invision/AP5 of 12
- Photo: OPC/ZOJ/WENN6 of 12
- Photo: Israel Leal/Invision/AP7 of 12
- Photo: Marion Curtis/StarTraks8 of 12
- Photo: LApix/Fame Flynet9 of 12
- Photo: Fernando Lucena/StarTraks10 of 12
- Photo: Calvin Klein/Promotional11 of 12
More Celeb News
- 'Me + Her' Director Joseph Oxford on Life and Death in Cardboard Animation: TheWraMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 4:29:00 PM
- Bill O'Reilly Cuts Vacation Short to Cover Ferguson, Ratings RiseMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 4:01:00 PM
- Steven Strait, Shohreh Aghdashloo Cast in Syfy Space Opera 'The Expanse'MSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 3:37:00 PM
- Ferguson's Mike Brown Memorial Campaign Has Raised Less Than Officer Darren Wilson&aposMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 3:30:00 PM
- Consumer Groups Urge FCC to Reject Comcast/Time Warner Cable DealMSNEntertainment 8/21/2014 2:50:00 PM
- 'Me + Her' Director Joseph Oxford on Life and Death in Cardboard Animation: TheWra
He is arguably the most famous Wahlberg, but that doesn't mean he's the favorite back home. Mark Wahlberg hinted during an appearance on "Live! with Kelly and Michael" that he currently doesn't have the closest relationship with his mother, Alma Elaine.
"My mom's not speaking to me right now," the 42-year-old star said to Kelly Ripa and Michael Strahan during an interview on Dec. 4. "It's been like that since day one."
The father of four with wife Rhea Durham didn't go into any further detail but appeared uneasy about the situation.
In response, Ripa pointed out that there could be an easy explanation. "The mother always likes the one who's doing least well the most," she explained. Wahlberg replied: "Oh that's it, I gotta do that."
Wahlberg has five brothers, Donnie, Robert, Arthur, Paul and Jim; sisters Michele and Tracey; and three half siblings, Scott, Buddy and Donna.
The younger brother of New Kids on the Block crooner Donnie, 44, the Boston native first broke out in the late 1980s and early 1990s as muscle-bound rapper (and Calvin Klein model) Marky Mark. Donnie, meanwhile, continues to tour with NKOTB and now stars on the CBS series "Blue Bloods."
Since then, Walhlberg has become one of the biggest actors and producers in Hollywood. He's produced HBO's "Entourage" and "How to Make It in America," and has starred in several films over the years, including "Planet of the Apes" (2001), "The Italian Job" (2003), "The Departed" (2006), "The Fighter" (2010) and "Ted" (2012).
Mark and Donnie are currently producing an A&E reality TV series together, "Wahlburgers." The show will focus on the brothers' restaurant near their native Boston.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Watch as Lynda Carter talks about the old vs. the new "Wonder Woman" costume.Watch Video »
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out the sweet shots Jaime King, Mario Lopez, Snooki and more stars shared of their babies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the stunning photos Alessandra Ambrosio shared of her Hawaiian vacation with her daughter on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBare Beauties
From Crowd Ignite