Mark Wahlberg: Why I Stopped Smoking Pot
- Photo: Jamie MCCarthy/WireImage.com1 of 7
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com2 of 7
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP3 of 7
- Photo: Poersch/Retna Ltd.4 of 7
- Photo: Alexandra Wyman/WireImage.com5 of 7
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP6 of 7
More Celeb News
- CW Scores Biggest Tuesday Audience in 5 Years With 'Originals,' 'SupernatMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:38:41 PM
- Paul Walker Death: 'Fast & Furious' Franchise Posts Tribute on YouTube (ViMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:35:39 PM
- If PG-13 Is the Moneymaker, Why Is Hollywood Cranking Out So Many R-Rated Movies?MSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:28:09 PM
- Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu to direct 'Jungle Book' movie for Warner Bros.MSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:26:12 PM
- Best & Worst 2013: Movie Moments of the Year '12 Years a Slave,' &apoMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:19:43 PM
- CW Scores Biggest Tuesday Audience in 5 Years With 'Originals,' 'Supernat
Mark Wahlberg has a confession to make: He's a pot smoker.
Well, he was. While accepting Variety's Indie Impact Award on Sunday at the Palm Springs Film Festival, the 39-year-old star of "The Fighter" joked that the trophy looked like a bong, then quickly added, "But I don't use those anymore."
The reason? His brood of four tots with wife Rhea Durham.
"I stopped smoking weed for my kids," explained the star, who added that he's replaced weekend partying with churchgoing.
"One day, we were driving and you could smell it from somewhere. My daughter asked what the smell was, so I told her it was a skunk. Then she said, 'Sometimes Daddy smells like that!' to me and my wife. So I knew I had to quit."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL & MSN:
RELATED ON USMAGAZINE.COM:
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBen vs. Casey
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite