Mark Wahlberg: Why I Stopped Smoking Pot
- Photo: Jamie MCCarthy/WireImage.com1 of 7
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com2 of 7
- Photo: Charles Sykes/Invision/AP3 of 7
- Photo: Poersch/Retna Ltd.4 of 7
- Photo: Alexandra Wyman/WireImage.com5 of 7
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP6 of 7
More Celeb News
- 'Citadel's' Ciaran Foy to Direct 'Sinister 2' for BlumhMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 4:38:00 PM
- 'Heaven Is for Real' Reviews: Does the Faith-Based Film Make Believers Out of CritMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 4:25:00 PM
- Fox responds to Bryan Singer abuse allegationsMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 3:54:00 PM
- Scandal Star Columbus Short's Wife Files for DivorceMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 2:59:00 PM
- Check Out Dave Chappelle's New Buff LookMSNEntertainment 4/17/2014 2:38:00 PM
- 'Citadel's' Ciaran Foy to Direct 'Sinister 2' for Blumh
Mark Wahlberg has a confession to make: He's a pot smoker.
Well, he was. While accepting Variety's Indie Impact Award on Sunday at the Palm Springs Film Festival, the 39-year-old star of "The Fighter" joked that the trophy looked like a bong, then quickly added, "But I don't use those anymore."
The reason? His brood of four tots with wife Rhea Durham.
"I stopped smoking weed for my kids," explained the star, who added that he's replaced weekend partying with churchgoing.
"One day, we were driving and you could smell it from somewhere. My daughter asked what the smell was, so I told her it was a skunk. Then she said, 'Sometimes Daddy smells like that!' to me and my wife. So I knew I had to quit."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL & MSN:
RELATED ON USMAGAZINE.COM:
From Crowd Ignite