Matt Damon Goes on toilet strike: I will not go to the bathroom
- Photo: Picture Perfect/Rex USA1 of 11
- Photo: Michael Kovac/WireImage2 of 11
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage3 of 11
- Photo: Michael Kovac/WireImage4 of 11
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage5 of 11
- Photo: Erik Pendzich / Rex USA/Rex USA6 of 11
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage7 of 11
- Photo: Teach/Fame Flynet8 of 11
- Photo: Greg Allen/Rex USA9 of 11
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Thursday Review: Bad Teacher, Black Box, Hulu's Moone BoyMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:00:00 AM
- American Idol: Who Blew the Judges Away?MSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 7:31:00 PM
- Arrow Postmortem: Who Paid the Ultimate Price for Oliver's Sins? MSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 6:00:00 PM
- Netflix Orders a Spanish-Language Soccer, Er, Futbol ComedyMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 5:44:00 PM
- Jennifer Garner Is Producing a Scripted Supernatural Series for... Bravo?MSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 5:32:00 PM
- Thursday Review: Bad Teacher, Black Box, Hulu's Moone Boy
Matt Damon has officially gone on strike from using the toilet -- and he wants his fans to do the same! "The Promised Land" actor, 42, hosted a faux press conference in a new viral video PSA that reveals his decision to boycott the toilet.
"Anybody have any idea what invention has saved more lives than any other in the history of humankind? The toilet," the Water.org co-founder tells reporters in the video campaign. "What's even more shocking is the catastrophic worldwide lack of clean water and sanitation. 780 million people -- that's twice the population of the United States -- lack access to clean water. 2.5 billion people lack access to a toilet or basic sanitation. I mean, more people have cellphones than have toilets."
To help support Water.org's cause, Damon declared, "In protest of this global tragedy and until this issue is resolved ... I will not go to the bathroom."
Actress Kate Micucci, playing a reporter in the video, then asked, "Do you mean literally, like you won't go to the bathroom, but will go somewhere else like maybe a swimming pool?"
"You're the reporter, you do the math," he said, and added, "The toilet strike, it's important."
And Damon wants everyone to help. "Join me," he said. "Say no to toilets. Say yes to clean water for all."
For just $25 a day, one person can get clean water for life. To find how you can help, visit strikewithme.org.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Julianne's hunky Canadian hockey beau on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, David Beckham, Justin Bieber and 50 Cent show off their globe-trotting travels on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Jessica Simpson, Kourtney Kardashian, Beyonce, Gisele and Kendra Wilkinson post Easter Sunday pics on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Watch as Carrie Underwood talks about married life on Ellen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek in Photos
From Crowd Ignite