Matt Damon, Hayden Panettiere get Environmental Media Awards
- Photo: Toby Zerna/Newspix/David Fisher/Rex USA1 of 7
- Photo: BJJ/Stoianov/Fame Flynet2 of 7
- Photo: INB/WENN3 of 7
- Photo: Splash News4 of 7
- Photo: Michael Kovac/WireImage5 of 7
- Photo: Dave Allocca/StarTraks6 of 7
More Celeb News
- 9 Burning Fall Movie Questions: Will 'Exodus: Gods and Kings' be Blessed? Who WillMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 7:02:00 AM
- 'Halt and Catch Fire' RenewedMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 7:02:00 AM
- James Foley's Mother: 'We Have Never Been Prouder of Our Son'MSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 6:59:00 AM
- German retailer opening US flagship in CincinnatiMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 6:35:21 AM
- Seth Meyers prizes his new role as Emmycast hostMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 6:23:29 AM
- 9 Burning Fall Movie Questions: Will 'Exodus: Gods and Kings' be Blessed? Who Will
RELATED: Hunkiest duos
The organization announced Monday that the two actors will be honored at its 23rd annual Environmental Media Awards this fall.
Damon will receive the Ongoing Commitment Award for his work with Water.org, the organization he co-founded that aims to bring safe water and sanitation to people around the world.
The 42-year-old actor says he hopes the award brings attention to Water.org's efforts "to bring clean water to communities around the world and inspire new friends and partners to join the fight."
Panettiere will accept the Futures Award, which recognizes younger entertainers for their potential to be environmental activists. The "Nashville" star is active with the Whaleman Foundation, an oceanic research and conservation group.
The 24-year-old actress said she's excited to talk about her work with the Whaleman Foundation and "using my voice to protect our oceans and their amazing inhabitants."
The prizes will be presented at a ceremony on Oct. 19 at Warner Bros. studios in Burbank, Calif.
RELATED: Sexiest Canadian celebs
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
From Kourtney Kardashian to Mila Kunis, check out some of the best chic maternity wear celebs are sporting this summer.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Biel, see what your favorite celebs look like sans makeup.Watch Video »
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSassy Single
From Crowd Ignite