Matt Damon: My wife and daughters 'can bring me to my knees'
- Photo: Greg Allen/Rex USA1 of 13
- Photo: Erik Pendzich / Rex USA/Rex USA2 of 13
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage3 of 13
- Photo: Teach/Fame Flynet4 of 13
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP5 of 13
- Photo: GVK/Bauer-Griffin6 of 13
- Photo: Orchon/Retna Digital7 of 13
- Photo: Dave Allocca/Invision/AP8 of 13
- Photo: Jonathan Short/Invision/AP9 of 13
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP10 of 13
- Photo: Splash News/Splash News11 of 13
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP12 of 13
More Celeb News
- Marvel's 'Agent Carter' Casts 'Jupiter Ascending' Star MSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 5:00:00 PM
- 'Arrow' Casts 'Spartacus' Nick Tarabay as DC Supervillain CaptaiMSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 4:58:00 PM
- Michael Jackson Hologram Case Escalates to Restraining Order Over Hitler PictureMSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 4:32:00 PM
- Jenny McCarthy's New Reason for Ouster from 'The View:' She's ToMSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 3:58:00 PM
- 'The Real' Draws Weak Premiere RatingsMSNEntertainment 9/16/2014 3:32:00 PM
- Marvel's 'Agent Carter' Casts 'Jupiter Ascending' Star
Opening up about his wife of seven years, Luciana Barroso, and their daughters, Isabella, 6, Gia, 4, and Stella, 2, the "Promised Land" actor tells the magazine he likes keeping them out of the spotlight.
"The narrative about me kind of goes, 'He's a boring married guy,' which is great, because I don't get any of that other stuff like Brad Pitt and George Clooney do. People think I'm kind of vanilla and they leave me alone to work, have an actual private life and be a husband and dad."
Though he's outnumbered 4 to 1, the 42-year-old actor doesn't mind being the odd man out in his house. "Lucy and the girls can definitely bring me to my knees. They just know. My wife gives me s--- because it's harder for me to discipline my girls, probably because they're girls," Damon admits. "With boys, I could relate more and it would probably be easier. Growing up, girls are so mysterious to us. Even as a grown man, they remain mysterious."
Damon calls his attempts at making romantic gestures "sh--ty," but it hasn't stopped him from trying. "I wish I were better because my wife deserves somebody who surprises her with a gift or flowers or some wonderful idea," he explains. "I've never been good at that, and she's really good at it, which makes me feel even more like s---."
Luckily, being a family man helps Damon keep things in perspective. "When I turned 40, I had my whole family and some friends together. I realized I had to make a toast and hadn't thought of anything to say," he tells Playboy. "I stood up, and what came to me seemed incredibly true in the moment and even more so as time has gone by. I said, 'I think I might actually be the luckiest guy on earth. I really might be him.'"
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Kim Kardashian cuddles a koala, plus more stars share their photos from adventures abroad on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Cara Delevingne, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See what the cast of "Saved by the Bell" is up to today.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
From Crowd Ignite