Matt Damon: My wife and daughters 'can bring me to my knees'
- Photo: Greg Allen/Rex USA1 of 13
- Photo: Erik Pendzich / Rex USA/Rex USA2 of 13
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage3 of 13
- Photo: Teach/Fame Flynet4 of 13
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP5 of 13
- Photo: GVK/Bauer-Griffin6 of 13
- Photo: Orchon/Retna Digital7 of 13
- Photo: Dave Allocca/Invision/AP8 of 13
- Photo: Jonathan Short/Invision/AP9 of 13
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP10 of 13
- Photo: Splash News/Splash News11 of 13
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP12 of 13
More Celeb News
- 'The View' Taps Lauren Sanchez to Guest-HostMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Brett Ratner to Produce Donna Tartt's 'The Goldfinch' for Warner Bros.MSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:39:00 PM
- Sherri Shepherd Joins Ice Cube, Kevin Hart in 'Ride Along 2' for First Post-&aMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:04:00 PM
- Comic-Con 'Zombie Walk' Accident: Fate of Next Year's Event Is UncertainMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:04:00 PM
- 'Sons of Anarchy' Creator Kurt Sutter Signs New Overall Deal With 20th TVMSNEntertainment 7/28/2014 3:00:00 PM
- 'The View' Taps Lauren Sanchez to Guest-Host
Opening up about his wife of seven years, Luciana Barroso, and their daughters, Isabella, 6, Gia, 4, and Stella, 2, the "Promised Land" actor tells the magazine he likes keeping them out of the spotlight.
"The narrative about me kind of goes, 'He's a boring married guy,' which is great, because I don't get any of that other stuff like Brad Pitt and George Clooney do. People think I'm kind of vanilla and they leave me alone to work, have an actual private life and be a husband and dad."
Though he's outnumbered 4 to 1, the 42-year-old actor doesn't mind being the odd man out in his house. "Lucy and the girls can definitely bring me to my knees. They just know. My wife gives me s--- because it's harder for me to discipline my girls, probably because they're girls," Damon admits. "With boys, I could relate more and it would probably be easier. Growing up, girls are so mysterious to us. Even as a grown man, they remain mysterious."
Damon calls his attempts at making romantic gestures "sh--ty," but it hasn't stopped him from trying. "I wish I were better because my wife deserves somebody who surprises her with a gift or flowers or some wonderful idea," he explains. "I've never been good at that, and she's really good at it, which makes me feel even more like s---."
Luckily, being a family man helps Damon keep things in perspective. "When I turned 40, I had my whole family and some friends together. I realized I had to make a toast and hadn't thought of anything to say," he tells Playboy. "I stood up, and what came to me seemed incredibly true in the moment and even more so as time has gone by. I said, 'I think I might actually be the luckiest guy on earth. I really might be him.'"
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSexy Sweeties
From Crowd Ignite