- Photo: Greg Allen/Rex USA1 of 13
- Photo: Erik Pendzich / Rex USA/Rex USA2 of 13
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage3 of 13
- Photo: Teach/Fame Flynet4 of 13
- Photo: Evan Agostini/AP5 of 13
- Photo: GVK/Bauer-Griffin6 of 13
- Photo: Orchon/Retna Digital7 of 13
- Photo: Dave Allocca/AP8 of 13
- Photo: Jonathan Short/AP9 of 13
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/AP10 of 13
- Photo: Splash News/Splash News11 of 13
- Photo: Evan Agostini/AP12 of 13
More Celeb News
- 'Man of Steel' Trailer: General Zod Warns Earthlings to Surrender SupermanMSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 6:25:07 AM
- 'Big Bang Theory,' 'American Horror Story' Lead Critics&aposMSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 6:00:16 AM
- Good Morning, Cannes: Liberace Lights Up the HomestretchMSNEntertainment 5/22/2013 5:48:14 AM
- Kellie Pickler wins Dancing with the StarsMSNEntertainment 5/21/2013 8:25:06 PM
- The Wit & Wisdom of 'Modern Family's Gloria Delgado-PritchettMSNEntertainment 5/21/2013 7:49:00 PM
- 'Man of Steel' Trailer: General Zod Warns Earthlings to Surrender Superman
Opening up about his wife of seven years, Luciana Barroso, and their daughters, Isabella, 6, Gia, 4, and Stella, 2, the "Promised Land" actor tells the magazine he likes keeping them out of the spotlight.
"The narrative about me kind of goes, 'He's a boring married guy,' which is great, because I don't get any of that other stuff like Brad Pitt and George Clooney do. People think I'm kind of vanilla and they leave me alone to work, have an actual private life and be a husband and dad."
Though he's outnumbered 4 to 1, the 42-year-old actor doesn't mind being the odd man out in his house. "Lucy and the girls can definitely bring me to my knees. They just know. My wife gives me s--- because it's harder for me to discipline my girls, probably because they're girls," Damon admits. "With boys, I could relate more and it would probably be easier. Growing up, girls are so mysterious to us. Even as a grown man, they remain mysterious."
Damon calls his attempts at making romantic gestures "sh--ty," but it hasn't stopped him from trying. "I wish I were better because my wife deserves somebody who surprises her with a gift or flowers or some wonderful idea," he explains. "I've never been good at that, and she's really good at it, which makes me feel even more like s---."
Luckily, being a family man helps Damon keep things in perspective. "When I turned 40, I had my whole family and some friends together. I realized I had to make a toast and hadn't thought of anything to say," he tells Playboy. "I stood up, and what came to me seemed incredibly true in the moment and even more so as time has gone by. I said, 'I think I might actually be the luckiest guy on earth. I really might be him.'"
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
See how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
Who Am I?
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
Check out some of Rihanna's worst wardrobe choices on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
From the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
- Crazy QuotesCheck out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite