Matt Damon says no to politics
- Photo: Greg Allen/Rex USA1 of 17
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP2 of 17
- Photo: Orchon/Retna Digital3 of 17
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage4 of 17
- Photo: Eric Charbonneau/WireImage5 of 17
- Photo: Erik Pendzich / Rex USA/Rex USA6 of 17
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/WireImage7 of 17
- Photo: Teach/Fame Flynet8 of 17
- Photo: PacificCoastNews.com9 of 17
- Photo: PV/Flynetonline.com/Fame Flynet10 of 17
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP11 of 17
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP12 of 17
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP13 of 17
- Photo: GVK/Bauer-Griffin14 of 17
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP15 of 17
- Photo: MARK J. TERRILL/Invision/AP16 of 17
More Celeb News
- From "Sassenach" to Time Travel! Everything You Need to Know About Starz'MSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:48:00 PM
- ABC's 'The Quest' Producers Reveal How They Found HeroesMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:26:00 PM
- Sharknado 2 Sets Record With Nearly 4 Million ViewersMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:04:00 PM
- Javier Bardem clarifies comments in open letter about Middle East conflictMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 3:43:00 PM
- Netflix Revives The Killing For One Last CaseMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 3:14:00 PM
- From "Sassenach" to Time Travel! Everything You Need to Know About Starz'
Matt Damon has ruled out ever running for office after speaking to a political consultant who was disillusioned with his job.
RELATED: Will Ben Affleck run for Senate?
The actor takes an avid interest in politics, throwing his support behind President Barack Obama during his two election campaigns and speaking out publicly against the war in Iraq. Last year Damon even came third in a poll for the star Americans would want to run for office, but he admits speaking to a consultant during research for his role in "The Adjustment Bureau" put him off the idea of stepping into the world of politics.
He tells USA Today, "No [I won't run for office], for a number of reasons. I love my job too much and don't want to do anything else.
RELATED: Celebrity protesters
"I love making movies. And also, I look at that world and I don't think I'm cut out for it. I don't think I'd enjoy it.
"I talked to a political consultant when I was doing 'The Adjustment Bureau.' He was getting out of the business. He said that when he started out, you'd work for someone you believed in and you'd craft these messages.
"It was all about the nuance. And then we figured out somewhere along the line that you throw [information] at the other candidate and it doesn't matter if it's true."
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
From Benji Madden and Cameron Diaz to Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon, take a look at some of Hollywood's strangest couples.Watch Video »
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
From Reese Witherspoon to Justin Timberlake, see some of the hottest stars from the south.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSmooch Central
From Crowd Ignite