Matthew McConaughey on Lance Armstrong: Some people are never gonna forgive
- Photo: Hahn-Marechal-Nebinger/StarTraks1 of 18
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage2 of 18
- Photo: Jean Baptiste Lacroix/WireImage3 of 18
- Photo: Jamie McCarthy/Getty Images North America4 of 18
- Photo: Danny Moloshok/Invision/AP5 of 18
- Photo: Evan Agostini/Invision/AP6 of 18
- Photo: KBA/ZOJ/WENN7 of 18
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/WireImage8 of 18
- Photo: AW3/Arnold Wells/WENN9 of 18
- Photo: Glen Wilson/Warner Bros.10 of 18
- Photo: GSI/.11 of 18
- Photo: Loki/NPG12 of 18
- Photo: Justin/Erik/NPG13 of 18
- Photo: FAMEFLYNET/Fame Pictures14 of 18
- Photo: WENN15 of 18
- Photo: Enrique RC/Pacific Coast News16 of 18
- Photo: MIKE DISCIULLO/Bauer-Griffin17 of 18
More Celeb News
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (PossibMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 3:18:15 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: 'Porcelain Horse' Writer-Director on the 'ExpecMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:39 PM
- Award-Winning Producers to Finance Documentary About Forgotten Film Legend (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:58:13 PM
- Obama Nominates Sony's Tom Rothman to National Council on the ArtsMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 2:47:27 PM
- 'American Hustle' and 'Saving Mr. Banks' Hit Box Office in Heat MSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 1:44:28 PM
- 'Lilyhammer' Star Steven Van Zandt on His Place in TV History, Mandela and (Possib
Matthew McConaughey has spoken out about his longtime friend and fitness partner Lance Armstrong's doping confession, revealing he was upset when he first heard the cycling champ had lied about using performance enhancing drugs.
Armstrong sat down for a candid chat with Oprah Winfrey last week, and admitted he had been lying for well over a decade about the banned substances he had taken to help him win cycling races.
The TV chat came months after officials at the United States Anti-Doping Agency stripped Armstrong of his seven Tour De France titles and banned him from the sport, and McConaughey admits he's among the athlete's friends and fans who are still coming to terms with his confession.
RELATED: McConaughey's life as a dad
Speaking to MTV News at the Sundance Film Festival in Utah, the actor says, "I have been following it, obviously, and my first reaction was I was p--sed off, I was mad. I then got kinda sad for him... I took it personally, which I think a lot of people have.
"(But) what was he supposed to do? Call me to the side and go, 'Hey man, I did it but don't tell anybody'. Then I would have really had a reason to be p--sed off at him, going, 'You want me to walk around holding this?'
"Where I am now is I've put myself outta the way, and I am happy for this guy who has now chosen to enter this chapter of his life a truly free man, without this weight he had on his shoulder... that he's carried for 14 years.
"He's gonna take a lot of daggers and a lot of spears, and in a deserving way..., and some people are never gonna forgive, but that's OK... It's gonna be miserable, but he's looking it in the eye and he'll handle it.
"Shah's of Sunset" star Asa Soltan talks about this season's drama, possible wedding bells with her boyfriend and more.Watch Video »
From Jenny and Donnie to Amanda and Justin, see more celebs who found new love in 2013.Watch Video »
Kourtney Kardashian hits up the happiest place on Earth on today’s Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Olivia Wilde to Mario Lopez, see which stars have the hottest beach bods of 2013.Watch Video »
Victoria’s Secret Angel Candice Swanepoel talks to WW about wearing the $10 million bra, eating steak, Taylor Swift and if she plans to marry her boyfriend.Watch Video »
Check out the many times Taylor Swift has pulled out her surprise face at award shows.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXT'70s Style
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite