Matthew Talks Marriage and His Stoner PersonaRelated: Celeb Gloss, Matthew McConaughey
- Photo: Esquire2 of 5
On why he takes extended breaks from working:
"I went to Peru after 'A Time to Kill.' I had a lot to think about. Just grabbed a bag and left."
"And I went up and further in, until I was about as uncomfortable and unfamiliar with things as I could be. You know why I don't go to Europe for these trips? Because in Europe everything pretty much works, or it almost works. I mean, it's almost what I'm used to. But Peru, Mali, Morocco? Nothing works. So you have to give up on what you know. At least I do. And for a while it's very uncomfortable. Extremely. I mean you're faking the language as best you can, nodding at things you probably shouldn't be, and you start to miss the things you know. And you need to eat."
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
- Crazy QuotesCheck out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite