Matthew McConaughey Looks More Skeletal Than Ever
- Photo: GSI/.1 of 16
- Photo: Loki/NPG2 of 16
- Photo: Justin/Erik/NPG3 of 16
- Photo: FAMEFLYNET/Fame Pictures4 of 16
- Photo: WENN5 of 16
- Photo: Enrique RC/Pacific Coast News6 of 16
- Photo: MIKE DISCIULLO/Bauer-Griffin7 of 16
- Photo: Teach/Fame Flynet8 of 16
- Photo: Pacific Coast News9 of 16
- Photo: TNYF/WENN10 of 16
- Photo: Fame Flynet11 of 16
- Photo: Fame Flynet12 of 16
- Photo: Chris Gardner/.13 of 16
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage14 of 16
- Photo: SUSAN GOLDMAN/.15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Thursday Review: Bad Teacher, Black Box, Hulu's Moone BoyMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:00:00 AM
- American Idol: Who Blew the Judges Away?MSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 7:31:00 PM
- Arrow Postmortem: Who Paid the Ultimate Price for Oliver's Sins? MSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 6:00:00 PM
- Netflix Orders a Spanish-Language Soccer, Er, Futbol ComedyMSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 5:44:00 PM
- Jennifer Garner Is Producing a Scripted Supernatural Series for... Bravo?MSNEntertainment 4/23/2014 5:32:00 PM
- Thursday Review: Bad Teacher, Black Box, Hulu's Moone Boy
Matthew McConaughey keeps on shrinking.
On Friday Nov. 9, the "Magic Mike" actor, 42, turned up at Los Angeles International Airport to catch a flight to New Orleans -- looking completely transformed from his usual lean-but-muscular self.
PHOTOS: Matthew's hottest shirtless pics
Walking through airport security, McConaughey (sporting an 80-style mustache and shaggy hair) looked downright skeletal in a blue long-sleeved shirt tucked into baggy jeans.
The actor has shed his usually muscular body for a new film role in "The Dallas Buyer's Club," which tells the real-life story of Ron Woodruff, a drug addict in 1980s-era Texas who contracts HIV. Woodruff became one of the first AIDS activists and launched one of the first AIDS support groups.
PHOTOS: Scary skinny bikini bods in Hollywood
In August, McConaughey told Us Weekly he was eating "small amounts" of high-protein, low-carb good to lose weight for the role. "I'll get down to the weight I need to get to," he said. "I'm on my way, and it's what I need to do for the job."
PHOTOS: Stars who've had dramatic makeunders for movie roles
"I'm playing a guy who was sick and would have loved to have been healthier but wasn't," McConaughey explained. "For me, it's more of a mental thing than a physical thing."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Matthew McConaughey's Best Shirtless Looks
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Julianne's hunky Canadian hockey beau on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, David Beckham, Justin Bieber and 50 Cent show off their globe-trotting travels on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Jessica Simpson, Kourtney Kardashian, Beyonce, Gisele and Kendra Wilkinson post Easter Sunday pics on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Watch as Carrie Underwood talks about married life on Ellen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTWeek in Photos
From Crowd Ignite