Matthew McConaughey Looks More Skeletal Than Ever
- Photo: GSI/.1 of 16
- Photo: Loki/NPG2 of 16
- Photo: Justin/Erik/NPG3 of 16
- Photo: FAMEFLYNET/Fame Pictures4 of 16
- Photo: WENN5 of 16
- Photo: Enrique RC/Pacific Coast News6 of 16
- Photo: MIKE DISCIULLO/Bauer-Griffin7 of 16
- Photo: Teach/Fame Flynet8 of 16
- Photo: Pacific Coast News9 of 16
- Photo: TNYF/WENN10 of 16
- Photo: Fame Flynet11 of 16
- Photo: Fame Flynet12 of 16
- Photo: Chris Gardner/.13 of 16
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage14 of 16
- Photo: SUSAN GOLDMAN/.15 of 16
More Celeb News
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Will Get Massive Rollout From SonyMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:32:00 PM
- Booboo Stewart Drama 'Sonata' Plucks Director Brendan Foley (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:31:00 PM
- Look Out, Camp Counselors: A Friday the 13th Series Is in the WorksMSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:26:00 PM
- 'Godzilla' Draws Fire in New IMAX Poster (Photo)MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 4:09:00 PM
- What Is Survivor's Jeremiah "Kicking Himself" Over?MSNEntertainment 4/24/2014 3:29:00 PM
- 'Amazing Spider-Man 2' Will Get Massive Rollout From Sony
Matthew McConaughey keeps on shrinking.
On Friday Nov. 9, the "Magic Mike" actor, 42, turned up at Los Angeles International Airport to catch a flight to New Orleans -- looking completely transformed from his usual lean-but-muscular self.
PHOTOS: Matthew's hottest shirtless pics
Walking through airport security, McConaughey (sporting an 80-style mustache and shaggy hair) looked downright skeletal in a blue long-sleeved shirt tucked into baggy jeans.
The actor has shed his usually muscular body for a new film role in "The Dallas Buyer's Club," which tells the real-life story of Ron Woodruff, a drug addict in 1980s-era Texas who contracts HIV. Woodruff became one of the first AIDS activists and launched one of the first AIDS support groups.
PHOTOS: Scary skinny bikini bods in Hollywood
In August, McConaughey told Us Weekly he was eating "small amounts" of high-protein, low-carb good to lose weight for the role. "I'll get down to the weight I need to get to," he said. "I'm on my way, and it's what I need to do for the job."
PHOTOS: Stars who've had dramatic makeunders for movie roles
"I'm playing a guy who was sick and would have loved to have been healthier but wasn't," McConaughey explained. "For me, it's more of a mental thing than a physical thing."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Matthew McConaughey's Best Shirtless Looks
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Jessica Simpson, Kourtney Kardashian, Beyonce, Gisele and Kendra Wilkinson post Easter Sunday pics on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
From Lena Dunham to Kristen Stewart, see the most awkward red carpet posers.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, David Beckham, Justin Bieber and 50 Cent show off their globe-trotting travels on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTCat's in the Bag
From Crowd Ignite