Matthew McConaughey Looks More Skeletal Than Ever
- Photo: GSI/.1 of 16
- Photo: Loki/NPG2 of 16
- Photo: Justin/Erik/NPG3 of 16
- Photo: FAMEFLYNET/Fame Pictures4 of 16
- Photo: WENN5 of 16
- Photo: Enrique RC/Pacific Coast News6 of 16
- Photo: MIKE DISCIULLO/Bauer-Griffin7 of 16
- Photo: Teach/Fame Flynet8 of 16
- Photo: Pacific Coast News9 of 16
- Photo: TNYF/WENN10 of 16
- Photo: Fame Flynet11 of 16
- Photo: Fame Flynet12 of 16
- Photo: Chris Gardner/.13 of 16
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage14 of 16
- Photo: SUSAN GOLDMAN/.15 of 16
More Celeb News
- Emmys 2014 Behind the Scenes: Zipping Up Glamour Girls With Fashion Captain Tara SwennenMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 8:29:00 AM
- Fired Black Editor Sues People Magazine for DiscriminationMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 8:18:00 AM
- Kathy Griffin to Minaj: I want a booty challengeMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 8:07:09 AM
- 7 celebrity ice bucket challengesMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 8:02:19 AM
- Teen Weeper 'If I Stay' Earns $1.1 Million at Thursday Night Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 8/22/2014 8:00:00 AM
- Emmys 2014 Behind the Scenes: Zipping Up Glamour Girls With Fashion Captain Tara Swennen
Matthew McConaughey keeps on shrinking.
On Friday Nov. 9, the "Magic Mike" actor, 42, turned up at Los Angeles International Airport to catch a flight to New Orleans -- looking completely transformed from his usual lean-but-muscular self.
PHOTOS: Matthew's hottest shirtless pics
Walking through airport security, McConaughey (sporting an 80-style mustache and shaggy hair) looked downright skeletal in a blue long-sleeved shirt tucked into baggy jeans.
The actor has shed his usually muscular body for a new film role in "The Dallas Buyer's Club," which tells the real-life story of Ron Woodruff, a drug addict in 1980s-era Texas who contracts HIV. Woodruff became one of the first AIDS activists and launched one of the first AIDS support groups.
PHOTOS: Scary skinny bikini bods in Hollywood
In August, McConaughey told Us Weekly he was eating "small amounts" of high-protein, low-carb good to lose weight for the role. "I'll get down to the weight I need to get to," he said. "I'm on my way, and it's what I need to do for the job."
PHOTOS: Stars who've had dramatic makeunders for movie roles
"I'm playing a guy who was sick and would have loved to have been healthier but wasn't," McConaughey explained. "For me, it's more of a mental thing than a physical thing."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Matthew McConaughey's Best Shirtless Looks
Check out the sweet shots Jaime King, Mario Lopez, Snooki and more stars shared of their babies on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Fresh from their split, Hilary Duff vacations with husband Mike Comrie and their son on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the many sexy bikinis Jessica Alba has rocked over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBare Beauties
From Crowd Ignite