Matthew McConaughey Looks More Skeletal Than Ever
- Photo: GSI/.1 of 16
- Photo: Loki/NPG2 of 16
- Photo: Justin/Erik/NPG3 of 16
- Photo: FAMEFLYNET/Fame Pictures4 of 16
- Photo: WENN5 of 16
- Photo: Enrique RC/Pacific Coast News6 of 16
- Photo: MIKE DISCIULLO/Bauer-Griffin7 of 16
- Photo: Teach/Fame Flynet8 of 16
- Photo: Pacific Coast News9 of 16
- Photo: TNYF/WENN10 of 16
- Photo: Fame Flynet11 of 16
- Photo: Fame Flynet12 of 16
- Photo: Chris Gardner/.13 of 16
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage14 of 16
- Photo: SUSAN GOLDMAN/.15 of 16
More Celeb News
- PHOTO: Check Out Glee's Lea Michele on Sons of AnarchyMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:21:00 PM
- Discovery Counts Down to Shark Week With 'Gears, Fears and Rears' Week (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:18:00 PM
- 'Sharknado 2: The Second One' Live Blog: Join Our Real-Time Snark-nadoMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:16:00 PM
- 'Fifty Shades' Star Dakota Johnson Joins Ralph Fiennes, Tilda Swinton in &aposMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 4:04:00 PM
- Laura Benanti Is Headed to NashvilleMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 3:43:00 PM
- PHOTO: Check Out Glee's Lea Michele on Sons of Anarchy
Matthew McConaughey keeps on shrinking.
On Friday Nov. 9, the "Magic Mike" actor, 42, turned up at Los Angeles International Airport to catch a flight to New Orleans -- looking completely transformed from his usual lean-but-muscular self.
PHOTOS: Matthew's hottest shirtless pics
Walking through airport security, McConaughey (sporting an 80-style mustache and shaggy hair) looked downright skeletal in a blue long-sleeved shirt tucked into baggy jeans.
The actor has shed his usually muscular body for a new film role in "The Dallas Buyer's Club," which tells the real-life story of Ron Woodruff, a drug addict in 1980s-era Texas who contracts HIV. Woodruff became one of the first AIDS activists and launched one of the first AIDS support groups.
PHOTOS: Scary skinny bikini bods in Hollywood
In August, McConaughey told Us Weekly he was eating "small amounts" of high-protein, low-carb good to lose weight for the role. "I'll get down to the weight I need to get to," he said. "I'm on my way, and it's what I need to do for the job."
PHOTOS: Stars who've had dramatic makeunders for movie roles
"I'm playing a guy who was sick and would have loved to have been healthier but wasn't," McConaughey explained. "For me, it's more of a mental thing than a physical thing."
MORE ON WONDERWALL:
Matthew McConaughey's Best Shirtless Looks
Where Are They?
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Beyonce and more stars share their summer love on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See some of the many revealing looks that Kim Kardashian has donned recently.Watch Video »
Where'd He Go?
Find out what happened to the stars of 'Garden State' after they made the hit indie film.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSad News
From Crowd Ignite