Matthew McConaughey's Girlfriend Avoiding Sex for 40 Days After Baby
- Photo: MatthewMcConaughey.com/.1 of 6
- Photo: WENN2 of 6
- Photo: AKM Images/Splash News3 of 6
- Photo: Jody Cortes/Retna Ltd.4 of 6
- Photo: John Calabrese, Matt Symons/Pacific Coast News5 of 6
More Celeb News
- James Franco Wins One for 'Spring Breakers' Just Like That, A24s Awards Campaign MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 4:18:23 PM
- Orel Hershiser Joining Dodgers TV Broadcast Team (Report)MSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 2:52:05 PM
- 'Metro Manila' Comes Out on Top at British Independent Film AwardsMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 2:46:27 PM
- Susan Boyle Calls Asperger's Diagnosis a ReliefMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 1:35:40 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: Felicity Jones Anything But an 'Invisible Woman' as DickMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 12:40:09 PM
- James Franco Wins One for 'Spring Breakers' Just Like That, A24s Awards Campaign
Talk about patience!
Camila Alves is making her boyfriend Matthew McConaughey wait 40 days before having sex so she can recover from giving birth to their second child, three-week-old baby girl Vida.
"Where I come from, we believe in something we call a 40-day break after the baby," the Brazilian model and mother of two -- they also have 18-month-old son Levi -- tells StyleList. "You have to let your body do its own thing. You give it time to recover and let everything settle down."
She adds: "You kind of respect all the hard work your body has just done and give it a break. For these 40 days, you really take it easy. By that I mean no sex, light, healthy food, no trips to the gym. Then, after 40 days, you are good to go."
Although the Shear Genius host says the reprieve -- which is a typical recommendation for most new moms -- "is nice" because "there is not so much pressure" to rush back into anything, she is starting to struggle.
Unfortunately for McConaughey, it's not the sex she misses most.
"I confess, I am getting a little anxious to workout. I miss it," she says. "Not just to get my body back in shape, but for me, for my head!"
So when are the 40 days up? Vida was born Jan. 3, which means McConaughey has to hold out until Feb. 12 -- just in time for Valentine's Day!
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTAdele's PDA
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite