Matthew McConaughey's Girlfriend Avoiding Sex for 40 Days After Baby
- Photo: MatthewMcConaughey.com/.1 of 6
- Photo: WENN2 of 6
- Photo: AKM Images/Splash News3 of 6
- Photo: Jody Cortes/Retna Ltd.4 of 6
- Photo: John Calabrese, Matt Symons/Pacific Coast News5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Wrestler Jake "The Snake" Roberts HospitalizedMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 7:41:00 AM
- Venice Reviews: Al Pacino Achieves Late-Career Greatness in 'Manglehorn'; BogdanovMSNEntertainment 8/30/2014 3:04:00 AM
- Labor Day Viewing Guide: What to Binge-Watch This Weekend If You're Not Hanging Out With thMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 10:58:00 PM
- 'Utopia' Kicks One Person Out Before Filming Even BeginsMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 10:26:00 PM
- Patrick Warburton Set to Reboot 'The Tick' as an Amazon PilotMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 10:14:00 PM
- Wrestler Jake "The Snake" Roberts Hospitalized
Talk about patience!
Camila Alves is making her boyfriend Matthew McConaughey wait 40 days before having sex so she can recover from giving birth to their second child, three-week-old baby girl Vida.
"Where I come from, we believe in something we call a 40-day break after the baby," the Brazilian model and mother of two -- they also have 18-month-old son Levi -- tells StyleList. "You have to let your body do its own thing. You give it time to recover and let everything settle down."
She adds: "You kind of respect all the hard work your body has just done and give it a break. For these 40 days, you really take it easy. By that I mean no sex, light, healthy food, no trips to the gym. Then, after 40 days, you are good to go."
Although the Shear Genius host says the reprieve -- which is a typical recommendation for most new moms -- "is nice" because "there is not so much pressure" to rush back into anything, she is starting to struggle.
Unfortunately for McConaughey, it's not the sex she misses most.
"I confess, I am getting a little anxious to workout. I miss it," she says. "Not just to get my body back in shape, but for me, for my head!"
So when are the 40 days up? Vida was born Jan. 3, which means McConaughey has to hold out until Feb. 12 -- just in time for Valentine's Day!
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTVenice Film Fest
From Crowd Ignite