Terry McMillan attacks Smiths' parenting skills
- Photo: Scott Kirkland/Retna Digital1 of 6
- Photo: Juan Rico/Fame Pictures2 of 6
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.3 of 6
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN4 of 6
- Photo: Anthony Dixon/WENN5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Suits Midseason Finale: Where Does Louis Go From Here?MSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 5:00:00 PM
- Ray J Arraigned for Sexual Battery, Vandalism and Resisting ArrestMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 4:59:00 PM
- Mark Wahlberg in Talks to Star in J.C. Chandor's 'Deepwater Horizon'MSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 4:49:00 PM
- 'The Gunfighter' Director Eric Kissack on How He Cast Nick Offerman: TheWrap&aMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 4:06:00 PM
- Benedict Cumberbatch Joins WB's 'Jungle Book' as Voice of Shere KhanMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 3:32:00 PM
- Suits Midseason Finale: Where Does Louis Go From Here?
Acclaimed author Terry McMillan has taken aim at Will Smith and his wife Jada Pinkett-Smith, accusing them of "pimping" and "exploiting" their kids, Jaden and Willow.
The "How Stella Got Her Groove Back" writer has gone public with her thoughts about the way the Smiths are bringing up their children in a post on Twitter, and she doesn't approve of the success the youngsters are having at such a young age.
She writes, "The Smith children already act like child stars. There’s an arrogance in their demeanor and behavior. I find it incredibly sad. It feels like the Smith children are being pimped and exploited. Or, they’re already hungry for fame. What about fourth grade?
"A lot of A-list movie stars shielded their children from the Hollywood-world until they were old enough to decide. Look at those who didn’t. Look at Lindsay. Phoenix. To name but a few. They miss out on childhood. It’s more important than fame.
"These kids don’t already know what they love. Total bull----. They’re not prodigies. They think Hollywood is real. Why don’t they do a remake of 'The Little Rascals' and call it a day? Or, come up with an original film with some ethnic pride. Come on."
McMillan's 'tweet' comes a day after Willow Smith was confirmed as the star of an urban remake of movie musical "Annie," which will be produced by her parents and rap mentor Jay-Z, who signed her to his label Roc Nation last year.
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSassy Single
From Crowd Ignite