Mel Gibson Breaks His Silence
- Photo: FRANCOIS MORI/Invision/AP1 of 9
- Photo: Pablo Cuadra/Retna Ltd.2 of 9
- Photo: MATT SAYLES/Invision/AP3 of 9
- Photo: WENN4 of 9
- Photo: Ron Asadorian/Splash News5 of 9
- Photo: Warner Bros./WireImage6 of 9
- Photo: JG3/ZJE/WENN7 of 9
- Photo: MARK J. TERRILL/Invision/AP8 of 9
More Celeb News
- Lucy Lawless Joining 'Marvel's Agents of SHIELD'MSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 9:44:00 AM
- Ratings: Fox and 'MasterChef' Win Demo as CBS's 'Under the Dome&MSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 9:12:00 AM
- Jeff Blake Leaving Sony PicturesMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 8:39:00 AM
- First Look: Ming-Na Wen is Back at Mulan — This Time on Sofia the FirstMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 7:48:00 AM
- Monstrous Meals: Chef Josh Capon Talks FrankenfoodMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 7:48:00 AM
- Lucy Lawless Joining 'Marvel's Agents of SHIELD'
Entertainment Tonight -- With his movie "The Beaver" approaching limited theater release on May 6, Mel Gibson is addressing some of the issues that have been haunting him publicly for the first time.
The embattled actor sat down with seasoned journalist Allison Hope Weiner at his production company in Santa Monica for an exclusive on Deadline Hollywood in which he discusses his leaked audio recordings to ex-girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva, his friends in Hollywood and the film in which many claim will either make or break his career.
RELATED: Favorite Australian Celebs
"I've never treated anyone badly or in a discriminatory way based on gender, race, religion or sexuality -- period," Mel said emphatically when asked about what was said on the recordings. "I don't blame some people for thinking that though, from the garbage they heard on those leaked tapes, which have been edited."
On the subject of Whoopi Goldberg being one of the few stars who came to his defense in the media, Mel Gibson expressed his feelings for his longtime friend. "I knew Whoopi before she was Whoopi. She's great and I always liked her and loved her. I like her even more now because she got it."
Mel even stood firm when asked if he's worried about being able to act in the future. "I don't care if I don't act anymore."
Read more of Mel's candid interview at Deadline Hollywood.
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTI Can't Trust Men
From Crowd Ignite