Mel Gibson sells 75-acre Conn. estate for $24M
- Photo: Rene Macura/Invision/AP1 of 8
- Photo: FRANCOIS MORI/Invision/AP2 of 8
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP3 of 8
- Photo: Michael Murdock/Splash News4 of 8
- Photo: Kevin Winter/GettyImages.com5 of 8
- Photo: EP/WUF/Splash News6 of 8
- Photo: Mel with Oksana/Tuukka Jantti/Pacific Coast News7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Disney to Make Chinese Co-Productions With Shanghai Media GroupMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 4:37:00 PM
- Managers Call SAG-AFTRA's Code of Ethics 'DOA' After SurveyMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 4:31:00 PM
- FX's 'Archer' Renewed for 2 More SeasonsMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 4:06:00 PM
- Insiders: Andrew Garfield Rewrote Batkid Oscars Speech, Thought Segment Was ExploitativeMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 3:54:00 PM
- CW's Uncensored 'Reign' Sex Scenes Are 'Appalling,' SayMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 3:22:00 PM
- Disney to Make Chinese Co-Productions With Shanghai Media Group
GREENWICH, Conn. (AP) -- Actor Mel Gibson has sold his 75-acre estate in Greenwich, Conn., for $24 million.
RELATED: See more pics of Mel
The property, known as Old Mill Farm, had been on the market since 2007, when it was listed for $39.5 million. It had recently been advertised for $29.7 million.
RELATED: The latest on Mel's breakup drama
According to town property records, the estate was bought by Cosette Property LLC. It includes a 16,000-square-foot Tudor-style mansion that was built in 1926 for financier George Lewis Ohstrom. It also has a five-horse stable, log cabin, 60-foot swimming pool and a stream-fed pond.
RELATED VIDEO: Gibson accused of hitting ex
Gibson bought the property for $9.3 million in 1994, when he was married to wife Robyn. Gibson recently split from girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva, with whom he has a 7-month-old daughter.
From Crowd Ignite