Mel Gibson sells 75-acre Conn. estate for $24M
- Photo: Rene Macura/Invision/AP1 of 8
- Photo: FRANCOIS MORI/Invision/AP2 of 8
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP3 of 8
- Photo: Michael Murdock/Splash News4 of 8
- Photo: Kevin Winter/GettyImages.com5 of 8
- Photo: EP/WUF/Splash News6 of 8
- Photo: Mel with Oksana/Tuukka Jantti/Pacific Coast News7 of 8
More Celeb News
- 'Downton Abbey' back on Jan. 4 for season 5MSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 12:42:58 PM
- Movie Ticket Prices Climb in Second Quarter: Thanks, 'Captain America'MSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 12:42:00 PM
- Oops! EPA goes off topic, tweets about KardashianMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 12:31:23 PM
- HBO's 'True Blood' and 'Leftovers' Reach Highest RatingMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 12:04:00 PM
- PBS President Paula Kerger Knows They Need to Go Multi-PlatformMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 12:02:00 PM
- 'Downton Abbey' back on Jan. 4 for season 5
GREENWICH, Conn. (AP) -- Actor Mel Gibson has sold his 75-acre estate in Greenwich, Conn., for $24 million.
RELATED: See more pics of Mel
The property, known as Old Mill Farm, had been on the market since 2007, when it was listed for $39.5 million. It had recently been advertised for $29.7 million.
RELATED: The latest on Mel's breakup drama
According to town property records, the estate was bought by Cosette Property LLC. It includes a 16,000-square-foot Tudor-style mansion that was built in 1926 for financier George Lewis Ohstrom. It also has a five-horse stable, log cabin, 60-foot swimming pool and a stream-fed pond.
RELATED VIDEO: Gibson accused of hitting ex
Gibson bought the property for $9.3 million in 1994, when he was married to wife Robyn. Gibson recently split from girlfriend Oksana Grigorieva, with whom he has a 7-month-old daughter.
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTI Can't Trust Men
From Crowd Ignite