Mel Gibson's Stepmom Seeks Restraining Order
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage1 of 11
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP2 of 11
- Photo: NC1/WENN3 of 11
- Photo: Arturo Rodriguez/Invision/AP4 of 11
- Photo: MWA/ZOJ/WENN5 of 11
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage.com6 of 11
- Photo: Paul Smith/Retna Digital7 of 11
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com8 of 11
- Photo: FS2/WENN9 of 11
- Photo: Pablo Cuadra/Retna Ltd.10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Netflix Makes Deal With AT&T to Speed Up Its VideosMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:42:00 PM
- TV Presidents Kevin Spacey, Julia Louis Dreyfus Tangle With 'Fargo's' BilMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:40:00 PM
- NBC's 'Aquarius' Books 'The Originals' Alum Claire HoltMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:28:00 PM
- Peter Capaldi's 'Doctor Who' Will Be Darker and 'a Lot Less PatiMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:12:00 PM
- 'The Simpsons' Producer James L. Brooks Signs With WMEMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Netflix Makes Deal With AT&T to Speed Up Its Videos
Mel Gibson's stepmother is seeking a restraining order against the actor and alleges in court papers that Gibson perpetrated "several acts of domestic violence" against her.
Teddy Joye Hicks Gibson -- who married the actor's father, John Hutton Gibson, in 2001 -- filed a petition for a restraining order against the "Braveheart" star Monday in Los Angeles Superior Court.
"Mel's bullying of this soon-to-be octogenarian is deeply disturbing given that she has been a loving and loyal spouse to Mel's father ... for over a decade," says the petition, obtained by City News Service.
The petition accuses Gibson of screaming at his stepmother during a hospital visit in January after she spoke up against his preference for ozone treatments for his 93-year-old father's various ailments. "I was frozen in terror based on the way that Mel suddenly snapped at me and was flailing his arms around," she alleges in the document.
"Now Mel has sunken to new lows over the last year by committing several acts of domestic violence against his 78-year-old stepmother," the petition states.
Gibson's father recently filed for divorce from Joye and she partly blames her stepson for the move. In a sworn statement, she says she has "a lot of questions about Hutton's filing of divorce against me and need to speak directly to my husband without Mel's interference so that I can make sure both that he is OK and not being manipulated by Mel or into a course of action he does not wish to take."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBye Baby Bump
From Crowd Ignite