Mel Gibson's Stepmom Seeks Restraining Order
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage1 of 11
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP2 of 11
- Photo: NC1/WENN3 of 11
- Photo: Arturo Rodriguez/Invision/AP4 of 11
- Photo: MWA/ZOJ/WENN5 of 11
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage.com6 of 11
- Photo: Paul Smith/Retna Digital7 of 11
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com8 of 11
- Photo: FS2/WENN9 of 11
- Photo: Pablo Cuadra/Retna Ltd.10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Bleacher Report To Get SiriusXm ChannelMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 1:00:00 PM
- 'Starred Up' Director David Mackenzie Dishes on Jack O'Connell Prison DraMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 12:56:00 PM
- TLC Promotes Three Production and Development ExecutivesMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 12:35:00 PM
- Fox News to Air Documentary '13 Hours at Benghazi The Inside Story'MSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 12:24:00 PM
- Maker Studios Hit With $19 Million Lawsuit by Former ShowrunnerMSNEntertainment 8/27/2014 12:10:00 PM
- Bleacher Report To Get SiriusXm Channel
Mel Gibson's stepmother is seeking a restraining order against the actor and alleges in court papers that Gibson perpetrated "several acts of domestic violence" against her.
Teddy Joye Hicks Gibson -- who married the actor's father, John Hutton Gibson, in 2001 -- filed a petition for a restraining order against the "Braveheart" star Monday in Los Angeles Superior Court.
"Mel's bullying of this soon-to-be octogenarian is deeply disturbing given that she has been a loving and loyal spouse to Mel's father ... for over a decade," says the petition, obtained by City News Service.
The petition accuses Gibson of screaming at his stepmother during a hospital visit in January after she spoke up against his preference for ozone treatments for his 93-year-old father's various ailments. "I was frozen in terror based on the way that Mel suddenly snapped at me and was flailing his arms around," she alleges in the document.
"Now Mel has sunken to new lows over the last year by committing several acts of domestic violence against his 78-year-old stepmother," the petition states.
Gibson's father recently filed for divorce from Joye and she partly blames her stepson for the move. In a sworn statement, she says she has "a lot of questions about Hutton's filing of divorce against me and need to speak directly to my husband without Mel's interference so that I can make sure both that he is OK and not being manipulated by Mel or into a course of action he does not wish to take."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez reunites with Casper Smart, plus more famous friendly exes on Replay, hosted by Wonderwall's Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Golden Globe Style
Cojo predicts the trends for the 2010 Golden Globes.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTAnother Go
From Crowd Ignite