Mel Gibson's Stepmom Seeks Restraining Order
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/WireImage1 of 11
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP2 of 11
- Photo: NC1/WENN3 of 11
- Photo: Arturo Rodriguez/Invision/AP4 of 11
- Photo: MWA/ZOJ/WENN5 of 11
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage.com6 of 11
- Photo: Paul Smith/Retna Digital7 of 11
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage.com8 of 11
- Photo: FS2/WENN9 of 11
- Photo: Pablo Cuadra/Retna Ltd.10 of 11
More Celeb News
- Golden Globes Nominees Include 'American Hustle,' 'Her,' &apMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 5:44:10 AM
- Palm Springs Fest Adds Canadian Films, 45 Foreign Oscar ContendersMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 5:11:13 AM
- 'X Factor' Semifinal Borrows From NBC's 'The Voice' (ViMSNEntertainment 12/12/2013 12:31:33 AM
- Hollywood Forced to Invest Heavily in New Technology to Keep Up With DemandMSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 9:01:09 PM
- Britney Spears Suffers Worst Album Debut Ever With 'Britney Jean'MSNEntertainment 12/11/2013 6:45:32 PM
- Golden Globes Nominees Include 'American Hustle,' 'Her,' &ap
Mel Gibson's stepmother is seeking a restraining order against the actor and alleges in court papers that Gibson perpetrated "several acts of domestic violence" against her.
Teddy Joye Hicks Gibson -- who married the actor's father, John Hutton Gibson, in 2001 -- filed a petition for a restraining order against the "Braveheart" star Monday in Los Angeles Superior Court.
"Mel's bullying of this soon-to-be octogenarian is deeply disturbing given that she has been a loving and loyal spouse to Mel's father ... for over a decade," says the petition, obtained by City News Service.
The petition accuses Gibson of screaming at his stepmother during a hospital visit in January after she spoke up against his preference for ozone treatments for his 93-year-old father's various ailments. "I was frozen in terror based on the way that Mel suddenly snapped at me and was flailing his arms around," she alleges in the document.
"Now Mel has sunken to new lows over the last year by committing several acts of domestic violence against his 78-year-old stepmother," the petition states.
Gibson's father recently filed for divorce from Joye and she partly blames her stepson for the move. In a sworn statement, she says she has "a lot of questions about Hutton's filing of divorce against me and need to speak directly to my husband without Mel's interference so that I can make sure both that he is OK and not being manipulated by Mel or into a course of action he does not wish to take."
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Kourtney Kardashian hits up the happiest place on Earth on today’s Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Olivia Wilde to Mario Lopez, see which stars have the hottest beach bods of 2013.Watch Video »
From Jenny and Donnie to Amanda and Justin, see more celebs who found new love in 2013.Watch Video »
Heidi Klum, Selena Gomez, LeAnn Rimes and Kyle Richards show off their holiday spirit on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See how Kim Kardashian, Fergie, Duchess Kate and more celebs look now that they've lost their pregnancy weight.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Paris Hilton, see which stars have the most expensive engagement bling.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTAlmost Naked
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite