Melissa McCarthy Broke Her Nose in Pursuit of a Joke
- Photo: Demis Maryannakis/Splash News1 of 6
- Photo: emmy.com/Promotional2 of 6
- Photo: Emmy.com/Promotional3 of 6
- Photo: Michael Caulfield/WireImage.com4 of 6
- Photo: AR5/ZJE/http://www.wenn.com/5 of 6
More Celeb News
- California Senate Passes $330 Million Film and TV Tax Credit ExpansionMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 4:25:00 PM
- New Star Wars Film Resumes Production After Harrison Ford InjuryMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 3:44:00 PM
- 'Greatest American Hero' Reboot by '22 Jump Street' Team in the MSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 2:59:00 PM
- 'The Following' Showrunner Jennifer Johnson Exits After Only Three MonthsMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 1:19:00 PM
- A&E Networks to Buy Stake in Vice MediaMSNEntertainment 8/29/2014 12:51:00 PM
- California Senate Passes $330 Million Film and TV Tax Credit Expansion
"Bridesmaids"' breakout star Melissa McCarthy will do anything for a laugh, and she's a great improviser, says everyone in this new GQ story.
RELATED ON VULTURE: Emma W. is returning to Brown
Tragically, some of her best material, including a bit about a squirrel burrowing into her vagina, did not make it into the final cut of the film.
But her commitment to the joke is nothing new!
RELATED ON VULTURE: Betty White isn't going to the Marine Ball
Back in her "Groundlings" days, she was just as passionate: One sketch involved popping balloons, and "she couldn't get one to pop, but she wasn't going to lose," says her husband Ben Falcone, who played Air Marshal Jon in "Bridesmaids."
"She finally head-butts the freaking thing, and it pops, and she smashes her face into the stage and breaks her nose. To this day she's like, 'Well, the audience liked it.'" [GQ]
RELATED ON VULTURE: Kudrow talks about her show 'Web Therapy' and more
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Her Little Pony
Check out Khloe Kardashian, Kaley Cuoco and more stars who ride horses on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Rihanna strips down to a bikini while vacationing near an active volcano off the coast of Italy on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Lea Michele, Megan Fox, and Kate Walsh all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTVenice Film Fest
From Crowd Ignite