Melissa McCarthy Broke Her Nose in Pursuit of a Joke
- Photo: Demis Maryannakis/Splash News1 of 6
- Photo: emmy.com/Promotional2 of 6
- Photo: Emmy.com/Promotional3 of 6
- Photo: Michael Caulfield/WireImage.com4 of 6
- Photo: AR5/ZJE/http://www.wenn.com/5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Need More Sarah Palin? Right-Wing Firebrand Launches Online TV ChannelMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 11:42:00 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 11:13 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 8:13:21 PM
- The Leftovers' Amy Brenneman: Laurie's "Not So Fragile" AnymoreMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 8:00:00 PM
- Comic-Con: How 'Bates Motel' Makes Norman and His Mom More Likable (Guest Blog)MSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 7:49:00 PM
- 'Manhattan' Creator on Doomsday Drama: 'Americans Never Met an ApocalypseMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 5:57:00 PM
- Need More Sarah Palin? Right-Wing Firebrand Launches Online TV Channel
"Bridesmaids"' breakout star Melissa McCarthy will do anything for a laugh, and she's a great improviser, says everyone in this new GQ story.
RELATED ON VULTURE: Emma W. is returning to Brown
Tragically, some of her best material, including a bit about a squirrel burrowing into her vagina, did not make it into the final cut of the film.
But her commitment to the joke is nothing new!
RELATED ON VULTURE: Betty White isn't going to the Marine Ball
Back in her "Groundlings" days, she was just as passionate: One sketch involved popping balloons, and "she couldn't get one to pop, but she wasn't going to lose," says her husband Ben Falcone, who played Air Marshal Jon in "Bridesmaids."
"She finally head-butts the freaking thing, and it pops, and she smashes her face into the stage and breaks her nose. To this day she's like, 'Well, the audience liked it.'" [GQ]
RELATED ON VULTURE: Kudrow talks about her show 'Web Therapy' and more
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
See how Taylor Swift has been rocking red over the years.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
From Beyonce to Jennifer Lopez, see how these stars keep their figures trim.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSexy Sweeties
From Crowd Ignite