Melissa McCarthy Broke Her Nose in Pursuit of a Joke
- Photo: Demis Maryannakis/Splash News1 of 6
- Photo: emmy.com/Promotional2 of 6
- Photo: Emmy.com/Promotional3 of 6
- Photo: Michael Caulfield/WireImage.com4 of 6
- Photo: AR5/ZJE/http://www.wenn.com/5 of 6
More Celeb News
- AwesomenessTV's Brian Robbins on How He'll Make 'The SMOSH Movie&aposMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 4:15:00 PM
- '90210' Alum AnnaLynne McCord Booked for CBS's 'Stalker&aposMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 4:12:00 PM
- How Networks Are Moving On From 'Irrelevant' Overnight Ratings: The 7-Day SolutionMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 4:11:00 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 6:52 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 3:52:23 PM
- Joan Rivers Clinic 'Fixes Problems' Cited After the Comedienne's DeathMSNEntertainment 9/18/2014 3:49:00 PM
- AwesomenessTV's Brian Robbins on How He'll Make 'The SMOSH Movie&apos
"Bridesmaids"' breakout star Melissa McCarthy will do anything for a laugh, and she's a great improviser, says everyone in this new GQ story.
RELATED ON VULTURE: Emma W. is returning to Brown
Tragically, some of her best material, including a bit about a squirrel burrowing into her vagina, did not make it into the final cut of the film.
But her commitment to the joke is nothing new!
RELATED ON VULTURE: Betty White isn't going to the Marine Ball
Back in her "Groundlings" days, she was just as passionate: One sketch involved popping balloons, and "she couldn't get one to pop, but she wasn't going to lose," says her husband Ben Falcone, who played Air Marshal Jon in "Bridesmaids."
"She finally head-butts the freaking thing, and it pops, and she smashes her face into the stage and breaks her nose. To this day she's like, 'Well, the audience liked it.'" [GQ]
RELATED ON VULTURE: Kudrow talks about her show 'Web Therapy' and more
From Rihanna to Lady Gaga, scope out the worst dressed A-listers at Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week, Spring/ Summer 2015!Watch Video »
Check out some of Alessandra's hottest vacation photos from the summer.Watch Video »
All Grown Up
Nick Jonas reveals how he celebrated his 22nd birthday on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Beyonce is Hot
Check out Beyonce's all-time sexiest looks.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Cara Delevingne, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHooking Up?
From Crowd Ignite