Melissa McCarthy chats Elle cover, her supportive hubby and more
- Photo: BT1/WENN1 of 10
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP2 of 10
- Photo: Elle3 of 10
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage4 of 10
- Photo: FPA/FAMEFLYNET PICTURES/Fame Flynet5 of 10
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage6 of 10
- Photo: KH1/WENN7 of 10
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage8 of 10
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP9 of 10
More Celeb News
- Ratings: ABC's 'Resurrection' Debuts BigMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 8:36:00 AM
- 'True Detective': What We Know About Season 2MSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 8:21:00 AM
- ABC Drama 'Resurrection' Sparks Social Media Buzz Even If People Can't SMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 8:19:00 AM
- 20th Century Fox TV Distribution Promotes Kristen Finney to SVP, Worldwide Pay TV and SVODMSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 8:14:00 AM
- William Guarnere, 'Band of Brothers' Character and WWII Vet, Dead at 90MSNEntertainment 3/10/2014 7:41:00 AM
- Ratings: ABC's 'Resurrection' Debuts Big
By Gena Oppenheim
Controversy, schmontroversy! Critics may have ranted that Melissa McCarthy was too bundled up in her cover shoot for the November issue of Elle, but she couldn't care less about what anyone else thinks. Talking to Wonderwall on Oct. 22, the "Heat" actress put the kibosh on the trench coat controversy heard round the world. "I wanted to do something much more editorial and edgier," the 43-year-old explained of her sexy photo shoot, before heading into the 20th Anniversary Elle "Women in Hollywood" fete to receive an honorary award for her work.
The oversize Marina Rinaldi jacket she wore spurred some to slam the magazine for not putting the star in a more skin-baring ensemble for the cover similar to those worn by the month's other cover stars, but Melissa stands firm behind her outfit -- especially since she chose it herself!
"At the last minute I saw that big old coat and it had been so hot that I wanted to wear like cashmere, so I wrapped up in that and we went to the roof and that's where we shot it," the "Bridesmaids" star revealed.
Whether she's gracing the cover of a fashion mag or just at home with her two daughters Vivian and Georgette, Melissa knows exactly what she feels best wearing and doesn't need anyone else's advice.
RELATED: Fashion don'ts
"I know it when I put it on. I want to feel like myself, comfortable and each outfit has its own personality to me, but I have to feel good in it," the funny woman added.
But if critics do start chirping again, Melissa will be just fine with the support of her husband of eight years Ben Falcone, who she calls, "the nicest, smartest guy on the planet."
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Rihanna, Katy Perry, and Heidi Klum all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
Sarah Michelle Gellar talks to Wonderwall's Chris Gardner about "terrifying" paparazzi, growing veggies with her daughter, why she never went to rehab.Watch Video »
From Christina Aguilera to Jennifer Hudson, see some of Hollywood's ever-changing waistlines.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite