Melissa McCarthy chats Elle cover, her supportive hubby and more
- Photo: BT1/WENN1 of 10
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP2 of 10
- Photo: Elle3 of 10
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage4 of 10
- Photo: FPA/FAMEFLYNET PICTURES/Fame Flynet5 of 10
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage6 of 10
- Photo: KH1/WENN7 of 10
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage8 of 10
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP9 of 10
More Celeb News
- Mega Buzz: 24's Reunion, a S.H.I.E.L.D. Return and a New Bones RomanceMSNEntertainment 4/22/2014 4:49:00 PM
- Tumblr Tops Twitter's Social TV Activity, Says New StudyMSNEntertainment 4/22/2014 4:06:00 PM
- Comedy Group Dr. God Sets Up AXS TV Show, Wraps First Feature (Exclusive)MSNEntertainment 4/22/2014 4:02:00 PM
- Aereo at the Supreme Court: 5 TakeawaysMSNEntertainment 4/22/2014 3:13:00 PM
- Mean Girls Star Daniel Franzese Comes OutMSNEntertainment 4/22/2014 3:03:00 PM
- Mega Buzz: 24's Reunion, a S.H.I.E.L.D. Return and a New Bones Romance
By Gena Oppenheim
Controversy, schmontroversy! Critics may have ranted that Melissa McCarthy was too bundled up in her cover shoot for the November issue of Elle, but she couldn't care less about what anyone else thinks. Talking to Wonderwall on Oct. 22, the "Heat" actress put the kibosh on the trench coat controversy heard round the world. "I wanted to do something much more editorial and edgier," the 43-year-old explained of her sexy photo shoot, before heading into the 20th Anniversary Elle "Women in Hollywood" fete to receive an honorary award for her work.
The oversize Marina Rinaldi jacket she wore spurred some to slam the magazine for not putting the star in a more skin-baring ensemble for the cover similar to those worn by the month's other cover stars, but Melissa stands firm behind her outfit -- especially since she chose it herself!
"At the last minute I saw that big old coat and it had been so hot that I wanted to wear like cashmere, so I wrapped up in that and we went to the roof and that's where we shot it," the "Bridesmaids" star revealed.
Whether she's gracing the cover of a fashion mag or just at home with her two daughters Vivian and Georgette, Melissa knows exactly what she feels best wearing and doesn't need anyone else's advice.
RELATED: Fashion don'ts
"I know it when I put it on. I want to feel like myself, comfortable and each outfit has its own personality to me, but I have to feel good in it," the funny woman added.
But if critics do start chirping again, Melissa will be just fine with the support of her husband of eight years Ben Falcone, who she calls, "the nicest, smartest guy on the planet."
Worst Mom Style
Check out Kim Kardashian's worst fashion moments as a mom.Watch Video »
Victoria Beckham, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Melissa Joan Hart toast their birthdays on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Jessica Simpson, Kourtney Kardashian, Beyonce, Gisele and Kendra Wilkinson post Easter Sunday pics on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Get the engagement scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
See what the cast of "Sabrina the Teenage Witch" is up to today.Watch Video »
Shemar Moore shouts out all his “baby girls” and shows off his impressive shirtless body on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBlond Babes
From Crowd Ignite