Melissa McCarthy chats Elle cover, her supportive hubby and more
- Photo: BT1/WENN1 of 10
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP2 of 10
- Photo: Elle3 of 10
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage4 of 10
- Photo: FPA/FAMEFLYNET PICTURES/Fame Flynet5 of 10
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage6 of 10
- Photo: KH1/WENN7 of 10
- Photo: JB Lacroix/WireImage8 of 10
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP9 of 10
More Celeb News
- Watch This Tonight: Naked DatingMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 6:22:00 AM
- Sony Pictures Profits Rise Thanks to 'Spider-Man 2' and '22 Jump Street&aMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 5:37:00 AM
- New York Times Issues Response to Wikipedia Plagiarism ChargeMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 8:16:00 PM
- 'Sharknado 2: The Second One' Scores With Outrageous Twitter ReactionsMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 7:56:00 PM
- Justin Bieber Mocks Orlando Bloom With Weepy Photo: Hollywood Twitter Takes the BaitMSNEntertainment 7/30/2014 7:29:00 PM
- Watch This Tonight: Naked Dating
By Gena Oppenheim
Controversy, schmontroversy! Critics may have ranted that Melissa McCarthy was too bundled up in her cover shoot for the November issue of Elle, but she couldn't care less about what anyone else thinks. Talking to Wonderwall on Oct. 22, the "Heat" actress put the kibosh on the trench coat controversy heard round the world. "I wanted to do something much more editorial and edgier," the 43-year-old explained of her sexy photo shoot, before heading into the 20th Anniversary Elle "Women in Hollywood" fete to receive an honorary award for her work.
The oversize Marina Rinaldi jacket she wore spurred some to slam the magazine for not putting the star in a more skin-baring ensemble for the cover similar to those worn by the month's other cover stars, but Melissa stands firm behind her outfit -- especially since she chose it herself!
"At the last minute I saw that big old coat and it had been so hot that I wanted to wear like cashmere, so I wrapped up in that and we went to the roof and that's where we shot it," the "Bridesmaids" star revealed.
Whether she's gracing the cover of a fashion mag or just at home with her two daughters Vivian and Georgette, Melissa knows exactly what she feels best wearing and doesn't need anyone else's advice.
RELATED: Fashion don'ts
"I know it when I put it on. I want to feel like myself, comfortable and each outfit has its own personality to me, but I have to feel good in it," the funny woman added.
But if critics do start chirping again, Melissa will be just fine with the support of her husband of eight years Ben Falcone, who she calls, "the nicest, smartest guy on the planet."
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Britney Spears, Beyonce and more stars share their summer love on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTNew Look
From Crowd Ignite