Melissa McCarthy: I've dated 'so many' gay men
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN1 of 13
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage2 of 13
- Photo: Invision/AP3 of 13
- Photo: SIPA/WENN4 of 13
- Photo: BT1/WENN5 of 13
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP6 of 13
- Photo: Said Elatab/Splash News7 of 13
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Wonderwall8 of 13
- Photo: Seth Poppel/Yearbook Library/.9 of 13
- Photo: Marion Curtis/GettyImages.com10 of 13
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage11 of 13
- Photo: John Shearer/Invision/AP12 of 13
More Celeb News
- Suits Midseason Finale: Where Does Louis Go From Here?MSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 5:00:00 PM
- Ray J Arraigned for Sexual Battery, Vandalism and Resisting ArrestMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 4:59:00 PM
- Mark Wahlberg in Talks to Star in J.C. Chandor's 'Deepwater Horizon'MSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 4:49:00 PM
- 'The Gunfighter' Director Eric Kissack on How He Cast Nick Offerman: TheWrap&aMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 4:06:00 PM
- Benedict Cumberbatch Joins WB's 'Jungle Book' as Voice of Shere KhanMSNEntertainment 8/19/2014 3:32:00 PM
- Suits Midseason Finale: Where Does Louis Go From Here?
"Just one? There were so many," she surprisingly revealed when the magazine asked her if she's ever dated a gay man. "In my early 20s I was like the last stop before a guy said, 'Yep, it's official: I'm gay.' I'd be like, 'Really?!' I'd think, But he's so funny, so charming, and such a good dresser. I never saw it coming."
McCarthy has been married to fellow actor Ben Falcone since 2005. The couple has two daughters together, Vivian, 7, and Georgette, 4.
"All of my friends were gay," she continued about her upbringing. "In high school we started going to downtown Chicago clubs like Berlin, one of the best gay bars ever. ... It was just my world. I was a little odd, and I found them to be the most accepting group."
McCarthy also said that despite her Irish-Catholic roots, her parents were always "kind and accepting" growing up – traits she finds she doesn't even have to discuss with her own children.
"Our friends at the table are gay couples, and my kids have friends with same-sex parents. It's just a part of this next generation, so there's no need to explain it," she said. "I love that my girls see no difference between those same-sex couples and the male-female couples that we hang out with. I'm more proud of that than anything."
McCarthy even revealed her girl crush to the magazine -- "Girls" star Lena Dunham!
"The more I watch 'Girls' the more I realize I'm crazy about Lena Dunham. She's my girl crush," she admitted. "She's smart, funny, confident, and she isn't afraid to look awkward. She's exactly who she is, take it or leave it. Nothing's more charming than someone who doesn't take herself too seriously."
Click here to read her full interview.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Check out Jessica Alba's baseball skills on today's Celebs Gone Social, hosted by Wonderwall Editor Jessica Wedemeyer.Watch Video »
Check out some of the most memorable Emmy fashion from over the years.Watch Video »
From Kourtney Kardashian to Mila Kunis, check out some of the best chic maternity wear celebs are sporting this summer.Watch Video »
Hot and Cold
Watch Hilary Duff and more stars take the ice bucket challenge on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Jessica Biel, see what your favorite celebs look like sans makeup.Watch Video »
Check out the stars that spent the most on their weddings.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSassy Single
From Crowd Ignite