Melissa McCarthy: I've dated 'so many' gay men
- Photo: FayesVision/WENN1 of 13
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage2 of 13
- Photo: Invision/AP3 of 13
- Photo: SIPA/WENN4 of 13
- Photo: BT1/WENN5 of 13
- Photo: Jordan Strauss/Invision/AP6 of 13
- Photo: Said Elatab/Splash News7 of 13
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Wonderwall8 of 13
- Photo: Seth Poppel/Yearbook Library/.9 of 13
- Photo: Marion Curtis/GettyImages.com10 of 13
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage11 of 13
- Photo: John Shearer/Invision/AP12 of 13
More Celeb News
- Ken Burns 'Thrilled' About Central Park Five SettlementMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:27:00 PM
- MTV's 'Awkward' Star Beau Mirchoff Joins NBC's Manson Series &amMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 3:14:00 PM
- MTV, VH1 and CMT Team With Spotify to Offer Specialized PlaylistsMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 2:57:00 PM
- Ken Burns: FDR 'Couldn't Get Elected Dog Catcher Today'MSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 2:28:00 PM
- Angie Harmon granted long-term protective order against trespassing fanMSNEntertainment 7/22/2014 2:14:16 PM
- Ken Burns 'Thrilled' About Central Park Five Settlement
"Just one? There were so many," she surprisingly revealed when the magazine asked her if she's ever dated a gay man. "In my early 20s I was like the last stop before a guy said, 'Yep, it's official: I'm gay.' I'd be like, 'Really?!' I'd think, But he's so funny, so charming, and such a good dresser. I never saw it coming."
McCarthy has been married to fellow actor Ben Falcone since 2005. The couple has two daughters together, Vivian, 7, and Georgette, 4.
"All of my friends were gay," she continued about her upbringing. "In high school we started going to downtown Chicago clubs like Berlin, one of the best gay bars ever. ... It was just my world. I was a little odd, and I found them to be the most accepting group."
McCarthy also said that despite her Irish-Catholic roots, her parents were always "kind and accepting" growing up – traits she finds she doesn't even have to discuss with her own children.
"Our friends at the table are gay couples, and my kids have friends with same-sex parents. It's just a part of this next generation, so there's no need to explain it," she said. "I love that my girls see no difference between those same-sex couples and the male-female couples that we hang out with. I'm more proud of that than anything."
McCarthy even revealed her girl crush to the magazine -- "Girls" star Lena Dunham!
"The more I watch 'Girls' the more I realize I'm crazy about Lena Dunham. She's my girl crush," she admitted. "She's smart, funny, confident, and she isn't afraid to look awkward. She's exactly who she is, take it or leave it. Nothing's more charming than someone who doesn't take herself too seriously."
Click here to read her full interview.
MORE FROM WONDERWALL:
Where Are They?
Find out where the cast from "When Harry Met Sally" is today.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
See some of the cutest moments from Prince George's first year.Watch Video »
Let's check out some of Eva's tactics behind her baby bump secret on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Sexy & Single
Check out some of Jennifer Lopez's sexiest ensembles she's rocked recently.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTI Can't Trust Men
From Crowd Ignite