Mendes denies cheating on Winslet
- Photo: Entertainment Press/Splash News1 of 7
- Photo: Tony DiMaio/Retna Digital2 of 7
- Photo: WENN3 of 7
- Photo: Dave Allocca / StarPix/Invision/AP4 of 7
- Photo: Jon Kopaloff/FilmMagic5 of 7
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.6 of 7
More Celeb News
- Salma Hayek pulls trigger on 'Everly' at Comic-ConMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 4:35:22 PM
- Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. Reveals New Characters, Carter Adds Captain DirectorsMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 4:28:00 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 7:11 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 4:11:32 PM
- Selma Hayek pulls trigger on 'Everly' at Comic-ConMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 4:11:28 PM
- 'Justice League' Recruiting 'Batman v Superman' Writer Chris TerMSNEntertainment 7/25/2014 4:05:00 PM
- Salma Hayek pulls trigger on 'Everly' at Comic-Con
A representative for Sam Mendes has furiously denied allegations his marriage to Kate Winslet broke down after he struck up a relationship with British actress Rebecca Hall, branding the claims "ridiculous," "utter nonsense," and "untrue."
The couple announced their split on Monday, revealing their seven-year marriage came to an end earlier this year.
Speculation has been rife over the reason for the break-up, and recent reports alleged Winslet ended the union after her husband grew close to Hall, who was cast in two of his plays.
RELATED: See more photos of Kate
But a spokesman for Mendes is adamant the reports are completely unfounded.
The rep tells E! Online, "Utter nonsense. Untrue and ridiculous."
He also tells the New York Daily News: "There is absolutely no truth to this. Sam and Rebecca are professional colleagues. That's it."
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSexy Sweeties
From Crowd Ignite