Mendes denies cheating on Winslet
- Photo: Entertainment Press/Splash News1 of 7
- Photo: Tony DiMaio/Retna Digital2 of 7
- Photo: WENN3 of 7
- Photo: Dave Allocca / StarPix/Invision/AP4 of 7
- Photo: Jon Kopaloff/FilmMagic5 of 7
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.6 of 7
More Celeb News
- 'Beyond the Lights' Review: Gugu Mbatha-Raw Portrays Divadom With Honesty and CompMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 4:42:00 PM
- BuzzFeed Taps Andrew Gauthier to Lead Video DivisionMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 4:25:00 PM
- Roger Goodell Won't Resign From NFL, But Promises Conduct Policy ChangesMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 3:29:00 PM
- HBO Suspends Pre-Production of Brian De Palma's Penn State Molestation Film 'To DeMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 2:28:00 PM
- Dancing's Derek Hough: We Have Something "Potentially Dangerous" PlannedMSNEntertainment 9/19/2014 2:28:00 PM
- 'Beyond the Lights' Review: Gugu Mbatha-Raw Portrays Divadom With Honesty and Comp
A representative for Sam Mendes has furiously denied allegations his marriage to Kate Winslet broke down after he struck up a relationship with British actress Rebecca Hall, branding the claims "ridiculous," "utter nonsense," and "untrue."
The couple announced their split on Monday, revealing their seven-year marriage came to an end earlier this year.
Speculation has been rife over the reason for the break-up, and recent reports alleged Winslet ended the union after her husband grew close to Hall, who was cast in two of his plays.
RELATED: See more photos of Kate
But a spokesman for Mendes is adamant the reports are completely unfounded.
The rep tells E! Online, "Utter nonsense. Untrue and ridiculous."
He also tells the New York Daily News: "There is absolutely no truth to this. Sam and Rebecca are professional colleagues. That's it."
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTBirthday Fun
From Crowd Ignite