Mendes denies cheating on Winslet
- Photo: Entertainment Press/Splash News1 of 7
- Photo: Tony DiMaio/Retna Digital2 of 7
- Photo: WENN3 of 7
- Photo: Dave Allocca / StarPix/Invision/AP4 of 7
- Photo: Jon Kopaloff/FilmMagic5 of 7
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.6 of 7
More Celeb News
- Channing Tatum Saves Mila Kunis in 'Jupiter Ascending' Trailer From 'MatrMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 4:40:28 PM
- Eleanor Parker, 'Sound of Music' Actress, Dead at 91MSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 4:30:05 PM
- Jake Gyllenhaal on 'Prisoners' and Why Good Cops Have Criminal MindsMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 4:20:41 PM
- Bette Midler Set to Star, Executive Produce HBO's Mae West BiopicMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 4:11:28 PM
- 'Murphy Brown' Cast to Reunite on 'Katie'MSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 3:59:28 PM
- Channing Tatum Saves Mila Kunis in 'Jupiter Ascending' Trailer From 'Matr
A representative for Sam Mendes has furiously denied allegations his marriage to Kate Winslet broke down after he struck up a relationship with British actress Rebecca Hall, branding the claims "ridiculous," "utter nonsense," and "untrue."
The couple announced their split on Monday, revealing their seven-year marriage came to an end earlier this year.
Speculation has been rife over the reason for the break-up, and recent reports alleged Winslet ended the union after her husband grew close to Hall, who was cast in two of his plays.
RELATED: See more photos of Kate
But a spokesman for Mendes is adamant the reports are completely unfounded.
The rep tells E! Online, "Utter nonsense. Untrue and ridiculous."
He also tells the New York Daily News: "There is absolutely no truth to this. Sam and Rebecca are professional colleagues. That's it."
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHoliday Spirit
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite