Mendes denies cheating on Winslet
- Photo: Entertainment Press/Splash News1 of 7
- Photo: Tony DiMaio/Retna Digital2 of 7
- Photo: WENN3 of 7
- Photo: Dave Allocca / StarPix/Invision/AP4 of 7
- Photo: Jon Kopaloff/FilmMagic5 of 7
- Photo: Sara De Boer/Retna Ltd.6 of 7
More Celeb News
- HBO Miniseries 'Show Me a Hero' Casts Winona Ryder, Alfred Molina and Jon BernthalMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:43:00 PM
- Nicole Holofcener to Write, Direct 'Land of Steady Habits' for Fox SearchlightMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:29:00 PM
- James Foley Death: Pentagon Reveals Mission to Rescue US Hostages in Syria FailedMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:03:00 PM
- 'Sin City: A Dame to Kill For' Review: Eva Green Steals This Juvenile Film NoirMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Legendary Digital's Zombie Movie 'Dead Rising' Lures 'LeprechaunMSNEntertainment 8/20/2014 3:49:00 PM
- HBO Miniseries 'Show Me a Hero' Casts Winona Ryder, Alfred Molina and Jon Bernthal
A representative for Sam Mendes has furiously denied allegations his marriage to Kate Winslet broke down after he struck up a relationship with British actress Rebecca Hall, branding the claims "ridiculous," "utter nonsense," and "untrue."
The couple announced their split on Monday, revealing their seven-year marriage came to an end earlier this year.
Speculation has been rife over the reason for the break-up, and recent reports alleged Winslet ended the union after her husband grew close to Hall, who was cast in two of his plays.
RELATED: See more photos of Kate
But a spokesman for Mendes is adamant the reports are completely unfounded.
The rep tells E! Online, "Utter nonsense. Untrue and ridiculous."
He also tells the New York Daily News: "There is absolutely no truth to this. Sam and Rebecca are professional colleagues. That's it."
Like us on Facebook?
From Crowd Ignite