Meryl Streep donates another $10,000 to Rhode Island education
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP1 of 13
- Photo: Mark J. Terrill/Invision/AP2 of 13
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage3 of 13
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP4 of 13
- Photo: Mark J. Terrill/Invision/AP5 of 13
- Photo: Jason Merritt/WireImage6 of 13
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News7 of 13
- Photo: Tony DiMaio/StarTraks8 of 13
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP9 of 13
- Photo: Splash News10 of 13
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP11 of 13
- Photo: Lia Toby/WENN12 of 13
More Celeb News
- Box Office: Lucy Tops HerculesMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 3:13:00 PM
- 'Godzilla' Storms Japan but 'Dawn of the Planet of Apes' Rules WMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:47:00 PM
- 'Following' Producers, Stars Reveal Alternate Season 2 Ending, Preview 'RMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:46:00 PM
- AP Top Entertainment News At 3:17 p.m. EDTMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:17:05 PM
- Comic-Con's dark side: Harassment amid the fantasyMSNEntertainment 7/27/2014 12:16:57 PM
- Box Office: Lucy Tops Hercules
PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) -- Actress Meryl Streep has made two $10,000 donations in Rhode Island this week in honor of fellow Oscar nominee Viola Davis.
RELATED: Vote on Meryl Streep's Oscar look
Most recently Steep reached out to a scholarship fund that Davis established with her sister in 1988.
RELATED: Best-Dressed Oscar Couples
Upward Bound Director Mariam Boyajian said Thursday that the check for the Upward Bound Scholarship Endowment Fund arrived Monday. Boyajian says Streep's donation is the largest single award the fund has received.
RELATED: Celeb Moms Over 40
The Segue Institute for Learning in Central Falls also received $10,000 from Streep on Monday in Davis' honor. Davis grew up in Central Falls.
Streep won an Oscar for Best Actress on Sunday for her portrayal of Margaret Thatcher in "The Iron Lady." Davis was nominated for her role in "The Help."
Boyajian says Davis and her sister, Deloris Grant, graduated from the Upward Bound program.
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Beyonce to Jennifer Lopez, see how these stars keep their figures trim.Watch Video »
Cameron Diaz, Rumer Willis, and Ellie Goulding all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSexy Sweeties
From Crowd Ignite