Meryl Streep donates another $10,000 to Rhode Island education
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP1 of 13
- Photo: Mark J. Terrill/Invision/AP2 of 13
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage3 of 13
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP4 of 13
- Photo: Mark J. Terrill/Invision/AP5 of 13
- Photo: Jason Merritt/WireImage6 of 13
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News7 of 13
- Photo: Tony DiMaio/StarTraks8 of 13
- Photo: Matt Sayles/Invision/AP9 of 13
- Photo: Splash News10 of 13
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP11 of 13
- Photo: Lia Toby/WENN12 of 13
More Celeb News
- Man who amputated arm arrested on assault chargesMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 8:02:34 AM
- Film Violence in PG-13 Often Comes With Sex and Drinking, Study FindsMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 7:50:32 AM
- Former Napster COO Struck by Cop Car, Killed During Bicycle RideMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 7:27:16 AM
- 10 Oscar Lessons From the First Blitz of Critics' AwardsMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 11:58:45 PM
- 'Hobbit' Sequel's High Frame Rate Theaters Nearly Doubled But Warner BroMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 11:36:29 PM
- Man who amputated arm arrested on assault charges
PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) -- Actress Meryl Streep has made two $10,000 donations in Rhode Island this week in honor of fellow Oscar nominee Viola Davis.
RELATED: Vote on Meryl Streep's Oscar look
Most recently Steep reached out to a scholarship fund that Davis established with her sister in 1988.
RELATED: Best-Dressed Oscar Couples
Upward Bound Director Mariam Boyajian said Thursday that the check for the Upward Bound Scholarship Endowment Fund arrived Monday. Boyajian says Streep's donation is the largest single award the fund has received.
RELATED: Celeb Moms Over 40
The Segue Institute for Learning in Central Falls also received $10,000 from Streep on Monday in Davis' honor. Davis grew up in Central Falls.
Streep won an Oscar for Best Actress on Sunday for her portrayal of Margaret Thatcher in "The Iron Lady." Davis was nominated for her role in "The Help."
Boyajian says Davis and her sister, Deloris Grant, graduated from the Upward Bound program.
Khloe Kardashian, Jennifer Hudson, and Christina Hendricks all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Kylie Jenner, see some of Hollywood's newest romances on Wonderwall Replay hosted by Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Candace Cameron Bure talks to WW's Chris Gardner about "Full House" reruns, her famous brother and finding her purpose in life through faith.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTeenage Dream
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite