Michael Douglas says oral sex caused his cancer
- Photo: John Parra/WireImage1 of 13
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage2 of 13
- Photo: Javier Mateo/StarTraks3 of 13
- Photo: Stefanie Keenan/Getty Images North America4 of 13
- Photo: Richie Buxo/Splash News5 of 13
- Photo: Andrew Toth/StarTraks6 of 13
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage7 of 13
- Photo: BD3/WENN8 of 13
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage9 of 13
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage10 of 13
- Photo: Splash News/Splash News11 of 13
- Photo: Stephen Lovekin/WireImage.com12 of 13
More Celeb News
- Teen Wolf Renewed for a Fifth Season MSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:58:00 PM
- ESPN's SEC Network Scores Carriage Deal With Time Warner Cable, Bright HouseMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:48:00 PM
- Museums plan Piero di Cosimo exhibit in US, ItalyMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:37:49 PM
- Christopher Nolan, Matthew McConaughey Offer Early Look at 'Interstellar'MSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:21:00 PM
- Dwayne Johnson holds surprise 'Hercules' screeningMSNEntertainment 7/24/2014 4:16:28 PM
- Teen Wolf Renewed for a Fifth Season
Actor Michael Douglas believes oral sex gave him throat cancer.
RELATED: Insured celeb body parts
The Oscar winner was diagnosed three years ago but fought the disease and is now working towards a full recovery.
He tells Britain's The Guardian newspaper he initially thought the stress of his son Cameron's incarceration brought on his cancer, but he has since learned he may have contracted it from cunnilingus.
RELATED: Hottest royal beach bods
Douglas, who has persistently battled claims he was a sex addict long before he wed Catherine Zeta-Jones, says, "Without wanting to get too specific, this particular cancer is caused by HPV (human papillomavirus), which actually comes about from cunnilingus.
"I did worry if the stress caused by my son's incarceration didn't help trigger it. But yeah, it's a sexually transmitted disease that causes cancer. And if you have it, cunnilingus is also the best cure for it."
RELATED: Celebs without makeup
Cancer experts believe HPV, a sexually transmitted virus which causes cervical and anal cancer, is a contributing factor in the rise of throat cancer.
Kim Kardashian flaunts her bikini bod in two bizarre Instagram video clips on location in Thailand on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Nick Cannon shows off a new cheetah print hairstyle on today's Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
Chrissy Teigen, Katy Perry and Lady Gaga spotlight their pooches on today's Celeb Gone Social.Watch Video »
Best B-Day Ever?
Selena Gomez celebrates her birthday early with a helicopter ride in Italy with new pal Cara Delevingne on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Kim Kardashian to Paris Hilton, see which stars have the most expensive engagement bling.Watch Video »
Gwen Stefani shares photos from behind the scenes of a photo shoot for her Harajuku brand on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTLooks For A Deal
From Crowd Ignite