Michael Douglas says oral sex caused his cancer
- Photo: John Parra/WireImage1 of 13
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage2 of 13
- Photo: Javier Mateo/StarTraks3 of 13
- Photo: Stefanie Keenan/Getty Images North America4 of 13
- Photo: Richie Buxo/Splash News5 of 13
- Photo: Andrew Toth/StarTraks6 of 13
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage7 of 13
- Photo: BD3/WENN8 of 13
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage9 of 13
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage10 of 13
- Photo: Splash News/Splash News11 of 13
- Photo: Stephen Lovekin/WireImage.com12 of 13
More Celeb News
- Netflix Makes Deal With AT&T to Speed Up Its VideosMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:42:00 PM
- TV Presidents Kevin Spacey, Julia Louis Dreyfus Tangle With 'Fargo's' BilMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:40:00 PM
- NBC's 'Aquarius' Books 'The Originals' Alum Claire HoltMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:28:00 PM
- Peter Capaldi's 'Doctor Who' Will Be Darker and 'a Lot Less PatiMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:12:00 PM
- 'The Simpsons' Producer James L. Brooks Signs With WMEMSNEntertainment 7/29/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Netflix Makes Deal With AT&T to Speed Up Its Videos
Actor Michael Douglas believes oral sex gave him throat cancer.
RELATED: Insured celeb body parts
The Oscar winner was diagnosed three years ago but fought the disease and is now working towards a full recovery.
He tells Britain's The Guardian newspaper he initially thought the stress of his son Cameron's incarceration brought on his cancer, but he has since learned he may have contracted it from cunnilingus.
RELATED: Hottest royal beach bods
Douglas, who has persistently battled claims he was a sex addict long before he wed Catherine Zeta-Jones, says, "Without wanting to get too specific, this particular cancer is caused by HPV (human papillomavirus), which actually comes about from cunnilingus.
"I did worry if the stress caused by my son's incarceration didn't help trigger it. But yeah, it's a sexually transmitted disease that causes cancer. And if you have it, cunnilingus is also the best cure for it."
RELATED: Celebs without makeup
Cancer experts believe HPV, a sexually transmitted virus which causes cervical and anal cancer, is a contributing factor in the rise of throat cancer.
Joe Manganiello parties with new love Sofia Vergara and her family in Miami on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
Selena Gomez, Zoe Saldana, and Maggie Gyllenhaal all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
Get the scoop on Naya Rivera's wacky wedding on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Find out which stars attended Jennifer Lopez's birthday celebration on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTTerrible Trends
From Crowd Ignite