Michael Douglas says oral sex caused his cancer
- Photo: John Parra/WireImage1 of 13
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage2 of 13
- Photo: Javier Mateo/StarTraks3 of 13
- Photo: Stefanie Keenan/Getty Images North America4 of 13
- Photo: Richie Buxo/Splash News5 of 13
- Photo: Andrew Toth/StarTraks6 of 13
- Photo: Kevin Mazur/WireImage7 of 13
- Photo: BD3/WENN8 of 13
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage9 of 13
- Photo: Steve Granitz/WireImage10 of 13
- Photo: Splash News/Splash News11 of 13
- Photo: Stephen Lovekin/WireImage.com12 of 13
More Celeb News
- Disney to Make Chinese Co-Productions With Shanghai Media GroupMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 4:37:00 PM
- Managers Call SAG-AFTRA's Code of Ethics 'DOA' After SurveyMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 4:31:00 PM
- FX's 'Archer' Renewed for 2 More SeasonsMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 4:06:00 PM
- Insiders: Andrew Garfield Rewrote Batkid Oscars Speech, Thought Segment Was ExploitativeMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 3:54:00 PM
- CW's Uncensored 'Reign' Sex Scenes Are 'Appalling,' SayMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 3:22:00 PM
- Disney to Make Chinese Co-Productions With Shanghai Media Group
Actor Michael Douglas believes oral sex gave him throat cancer.
RELATED: Insured celeb body parts
The Oscar winner was diagnosed three years ago but fought the disease and is now working towards a full recovery.
He tells Britain's The Guardian newspaper he initially thought the stress of his son Cameron's incarceration brought on his cancer, but he has since learned he may have contracted it from cunnilingus.
RELATED: Hottest royal beach bods
Douglas, who has persistently battled claims he was a sex addict long before he wed Catherine Zeta-Jones, says, "Without wanting to get too specific, this particular cancer is caused by HPV (human papillomavirus), which actually comes about from cunnilingus.
"I did worry if the stress caused by my son's incarceration didn't help trigger it. But yeah, it's a sexually transmitted disease that causes cancer. And if you have it, cunnilingus is also the best cure for it."
RELATED: Celebs without makeup
Cancer experts believe HPV, a sexually transmitted virus which causes cervical and anal cancer, is a contributing factor in the rise of throat cancer.
Check out the many ways that Britney Spears is looking better than ever.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Star Inspired Ink
From Ryan Cabrera to Megan Fox, see celebs who've gotten tattoos of other stars.Watch Video »
Sofia Vergara poses in a revealing neon bikini while her "Modern Family" castmates hit the beach in Australia on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite