Michael Douglas wears wedding ring at French film festival
- Photo: FVA/WENN1 of 12
- Photo: Stefanie Keenan/Getty Images North America2 of 12
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage3 of 12
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage4 of 12
- Photo: Javier Mateo/StarTraks5 of 12
- Photo: Andrew Toth/StarTraks6 of 12
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage7 of 12
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage8 of 12
- Photo: Said Elatab/Splash News9 of 12
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage10 of 12
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News11 of 12
More Celeb News
- From "Sassenach" to Time Travel! Everything You Need to Know About Starz'MSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:48:00 PM
- ABC's 'The Quest' Producers Reveal How They Found HeroesMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:26:00 PM
- Sharknado 2 Sets Record With Nearly 4 Million ViewersMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 4:04:00 PM
- Javier Bardem clarifies comments in open letter about Middle East conflictMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 3:43:00 PM
- Netflix Revives The Killing For One Last CaseMSNEntertainment 7/31/2014 3:14:00 PM
- From "Sassenach" to Time Travel! Everything You Need to Know About Starz'
Michael Douglas stepped out with his wedding ring on as he returned to the French festival where he first met his estranged wife Catherine Zeta-Jones.
RELATED: BING: Celebrity splits of 2013
The Hollywood actor joined filmmaker Steven Soderbergh on Friday to open the 39th annual Deauville American Film Festival with a screening of their Liberace biopic "Behind the Candelabra." It was Douglas' first public appearance since news of his marriage split from the Oscar winner hit headlines, but his gold wedding band was clearly visible as he held up a microphone to speak to the audience.
After greeting the crowd in French, Douglas admitted he is feeling good in an apparent reference to the couple's separation and his cancer battle in 2010. He said, "People have been kindly asking how I'm doing. Well, I put on a suit tonight - one that I can't come close to buttoning - so everything must be OK."
RELATED: Shocking celebrity sex confessions
The French festival, which celebrates American movies, is where Douglas and Zeta-Jones met in August 1998.
Where Are They?
It's been 20 years since "Jurassic Park" came out. See what the cast of the movie is up to these days.Watch Video »
From Benji Madden and Cameron Diaz to Mariah Carey and Nick Cannon, take a look at some of Hollywood's strangest couples.Watch Video »
Check out Jessica Alba, Reese Witherspoon, and more stars who recycle their wardrobes.Watch Video »
Check out some of January Jones' most retro wardrobe choices from over the years.Watch Video »
From Reese Witherspoon to Justin Timberlake, see some of the hottest stars from the south.Watch Video »
See how Angelina Jolie's looks have changed over the years.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTSmooch Central
From Crowd Ignite