Michael Douglas wears wedding ring at French film festival
- Photo: FVA/WENN1 of 12
- Photo: Stefanie Keenan/Getty Images North America2 of 12
- Photo: Lester Cohen/WireImage3 of 12
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage4 of 12
- Photo: Javier Mateo/StarTraks5 of 12
- Photo: Andrew Toth/StarTraks6 of 12
- Photo: Jim Spellman/WireImage7 of 12
- Photo: John Shearer/WireImage8 of 12
- Photo: Said Elatab/Splash News9 of 12
- Photo: KMazur/WireImage10 of 12
- Photo: Jackson Lee/Splash News11 of 12
More Celeb News
- Man who amputated arm arrested on assault chargesMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 8:02:34 AM
- Film Violence in PG-13 Often Comes With Sex and Drinking, Study FindsMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 7:50:32 AM
- Former Napster COO Struck by Cop Car, Killed During Bicycle RideMSNEntertainment 12/9/2013 7:27:16 AM
- 10 Oscar Lessons From the First Blitz of Critics' AwardsMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 11:58:45 PM
- 'Hobbit' Sequel's High Frame Rate Theaters Nearly Doubled But Warner BroMSNEntertainment 12/8/2013 11:36:29 PM
- Man who amputated arm arrested on assault charges
Michael Douglas stepped out with his wedding ring on as he returned to the French festival where he first met his estranged wife Catherine Zeta-Jones.
RELATED: BING: Celebrity splits of 2013
The Hollywood actor joined filmmaker Steven Soderbergh on Friday to open the 39th annual Deauville American Film Festival with a screening of their Liberace biopic "Behind the Candelabra." It was Douglas' first public appearance since news of his marriage split from the Oscar winner hit headlines, but his gold wedding band was clearly visible as he held up a microphone to speak to the audience.
After greeting the crowd in French, Douglas admitted he is feeling good in an apparent reference to the couple's separation and his cancer battle in 2010. He said, "People have been kindly asking how I'm doing. Well, I put on a suit tonight - one that I can't come close to buttoning - so everything must be OK."
RELATED: Shocking celebrity sex confessions
The French festival, which celebrates American movies, is where Douglas and Zeta-Jones met in August 1998.
Khloe Kardashian, Jennifer Hudson, and Christina Hendricks all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From Julianne Hough to Duchess Kate, see some of our favorite celebrities hair transformationsWatch Video »
From George and Sandra to Taylor and Ed, see more of Hollywood's platonic pairs.Watch Video »
From Ariana Grande to Kylie Jenner, see some of Hollywood's newest romances on Wonderwall Replay hosted by Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Katy Perry, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, and Lady Gaga all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
Candace Cameron Bure talks to WW's Chris Gardner about "Full House" reruns, her famous brother and finding her purpose in life through faith.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTGrammy Gold
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite