Michael Fassbender Opens Up About Girlfriend Nicole Beharie
- Photo: IGNAT/Bauer-Griffin1 of 8
- Photo: LTA/WENN2 of 8
- Photo: ZHB/ZJE/WENN3 of 8
- Photo: RICHARD YOUNG/StarTraks4 of 8
- Photo: JMF/WENN5 of 8
- Photo: JMF/WENN6 of 8
- Photo: Esquire7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Hillary Clinton Breaks Silence on Ferguson, Says America Is 'Better Than That'MSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:43:00 PM
- Why Is California Tripling Film and TV Tax Credits While Other States Slash Them?MSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:25:00 PM
- Venice Reviews: Michael Shannon's Indelible Performance in '99 Homes,' PlMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:23:00 PM
- Story of Frozen Special Reflects on Movie's Magic; Producer Confirms Broadway PlansMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:20:00 PM
- Martin Starr, Paul Wesley Movie 'Amira & Sam' Lands U.S. DistributionMSNEntertainment 8/28/2014 4:00:00 PM
- Hillary Clinton Breaks Silence on Ferguson, Says America Is 'Better Than That'
Sorry, ladies: Michael Fassbender is off the market.
The actor, who once dated his "X-Men: First Class" co-star Zoe Kravitz, is currently dating his "Shame" co-star Nicole Beharie, 27. "I'm seeing Nicole," he reveals in the June issue of GQ. "We're trying to see each other as often as possible."
Fassbender, 35, admits that spending time together has been "kind of difficult" since Beharie is based in New York "and I live in England."
Unlike his relationship with Kravitz, Fassbender didn't pursue Beharie while working together on the Golden Globe-nominated film. "Nothing happened while we were filming. We started talking more on the promotion thing," Fassbender says. "So, yeah, it just sort of unfolded like that."
Fassbender was famously snubbed in the Best Actor in a Motion Picture category at the 84th Annual Academy Awards -- a blow he didn't anticipate.
"At the beginning people [say], 'You're going to be going to the Oscars,' and you're like, 'Whatever, doesn't matter, don't think so.' But after a while it does penetrate. After a while you're like, 'Anyway, so I'm going to the Oscars.' ... And you start to believe it. And I did. I thought I was going. And then I found out I wasn't and I was upset. I was very upset by it. The first reaction was, 'What the f---?'"
The "Prometheus" actor adds, "It's a vanity thing. It does become important to you. And it shouldn't."
Fassbender worries that his heavily publicized full-frontal nude scenes in "Shame" may have ruined his chances at Oscar gold.
"That peeing cost me an Oscar. ... After a certain point you worry that it kind of detracts from the movie. But there's nothing I can do. I just have to laugh it off. I can. Pretty much," he tells GQ. "Because I take my work seriously, but I can't take myself too seriously. I'm in such a crazy privileged position. S---, this is the pinnacle of the dream when I was 17. Nobody wants to hear really how difficult it is."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL & MSN:
Get the scoop on Bradley Bayou's dress design that Oprah wore to the Emmy Awards.Watch Video »
Rihanna strips down to a bikini while vacationing near an active volcano off the coast of Italy on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Beyonce does her best to prove that her family life is just perfect on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The guys from Rascal Flatts talk with Wonderwall editor Jessica Herndon about life on tour, crazy fan encounters and more.Watch Video »
Check out Kaley Cuoco's cutest canine-centric posts on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Kendall and Kylie take Wonderwall behind the scenes at a photo shoot and chat family, embarrassing style moments and more!Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTVolcano Vacay
From Crowd Ignite