Michael Fassbender Opens Up About Girlfriend Nicole Beharie
- Photo: IGNAT/Bauer-Griffin1 of 8
- Photo: LTA/WENN2 of 8
- Photo: ZHB/ZJE/WENN3 of 8
- Photo: RICHARD YOUNG/StarTraks4 of 8
- Photo: JMF/WENN5 of 8
- Photo: JMF/WENN6 of 8
- Photo: Esquire7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Philip Seymour Hoffman's 'God's Pocket' Gets Release DateMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 11:49:00 PM
- Newsweek's Alleged Bitcoin Creator Denies Story, Flees In LA Car ChaseMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 10:39:00 PM
- 'All the Way' Theater Review: Bryan Cranston Brings His Wildly Funny LBJ to BroadwMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 8:00:00 PM
- Man lauded as Japan Beethoven sorry for fake workMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 7:56:36 PM
- Slate's 'Adele Dazeem' Travoltafier Becomes the Most Popular Article in WMSNEntertainment 3/6/2014 7:01:00 PM
- Philip Seymour Hoffman's 'God's Pocket' Gets Release Date
Sorry, ladies: Michael Fassbender is off the market.
The actor, who once dated his "X-Men: First Class" co-star Zoe Kravitz, is currently dating his "Shame" co-star Nicole Beharie, 27. "I'm seeing Nicole," he reveals in the June issue of GQ. "We're trying to see each other as often as possible."
Fassbender, 35, admits that spending time together has been "kind of difficult" since Beharie is based in New York "and I live in England."
Unlike his relationship with Kravitz, Fassbender didn't pursue Beharie while working together on the Golden Globe-nominated film. "Nothing happened while we were filming. We started talking more on the promotion thing," Fassbender says. "So, yeah, it just sort of unfolded like that."
Fassbender was famously snubbed in the Best Actor in a Motion Picture category at the 84th Annual Academy Awards -- a blow he didn't anticipate.
"At the beginning people [say], 'You're going to be going to the Oscars,' and you're like, 'Whatever, doesn't matter, don't think so.' But after a while it does penetrate. After a while you're like, 'Anyway, so I'm going to the Oscars.' ... And you start to believe it. And I did. I thought I was going. And then I found out I wasn't and I was upset. I was very upset by it. The first reaction was, 'What the f---?'"
The "Prometheus" actor adds, "It's a vanity thing. It does become important to you. And it shouldn't."
Fassbender worries that his heavily publicized full-frontal nude scenes in "Shame" may have ruined his chances at Oscar gold.
"That peeing cost me an Oscar. ... After a certain point you worry that it kind of detracts from the movie. But there's nothing I can do. I just have to laugh it off. I can. Pretty much," he tells GQ. "Because I take my work seriously, but I can't take myself too seriously. I'm in such a crazy privileged position. S---, this is the pinnacle of the dream when I was 17. Nobody wants to hear really how difficult it is."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL & MSN:
Where are they?
See where the cast of "Cruel Intentions" is today.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the many ways that Britney Spears is looking better than ever.Watch Video »
See some of Duchess Kate's most budget-friendly fashion items.Watch Video »
Check out Sandra Bullock's fabulous and colorful style.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite