Michael Fassbender Opens Up About Girlfriend Nicole Beharie
- Photo: IGNAT/Bauer-Griffin1 of 8
- Photo: LTA/WENN2 of 8
- Photo: ZHB/ZJE/WENN3 of 8
- Photo: RICHARD YOUNG/StarTraks4 of 8
- Photo: JMF/WENN5 of 8
- Photo: JMF/WENN6 of 8
- Photo: Esquire7 of 8
More Celeb News
- Leonardo DiCaprio Adds Star Power to People's Climate March in New YorkMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 12:41:00 PM
- Scarlett Johansson's 'Lucy' Crosses $250 Million at Overseas Box OfficeMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 12:05:00 PM
- Lauryn Hill Slammed on Twitter for 'Utter Shi-' Performance and 90 Minute Late ArrMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 11:38:00 AM
- 'The Good Wife' Review: Legal Drama Ditches the Grief for Dynamic StorytellingMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 11:26:00 AM
- Jessica Chastain's 'Disappearance of Eleanor Rigby' Stumbles in SpecialtyMSNEntertainment 9/21/2014 11:08:00 AM
- Leonardo DiCaprio Adds Star Power to People's Climate March in New York
Sorry, ladies: Michael Fassbender is off the market.
The actor, who once dated his "X-Men: First Class" co-star Zoe Kravitz, is currently dating his "Shame" co-star Nicole Beharie, 27. "I'm seeing Nicole," he reveals in the June issue of GQ. "We're trying to see each other as often as possible."
Fassbender, 35, admits that spending time together has been "kind of difficult" since Beharie is based in New York "and I live in England."
Unlike his relationship with Kravitz, Fassbender didn't pursue Beharie while working together on the Golden Globe-nominated film. "Nothing happened while we were filming. We started talking more on the promotion thing," Fassbender says. "So, yeah, it just sort of unfolded like that."
Fassbender was famously snubbed in the Best Actor in a Motion Picture category at the 84th Annual Academy Awards -- a blow he didn't anticipate.
"At the beginning people [say], 'You're going to be going to the Oscars,' and you're like, 'Whatever, doesn't matter, don't think so.' But after a while it does penetrate. After a while you're like, 'Anyway, so I'm going to the Oscars.' ... And you start to believe it. And I did. I thought I was going. And then I found out I wasn't and I was upset. I was very upset by it. The first reaction was, 'What the f---?'"
The "Prometheus" actor adds, "It's a vanity thing. It does become important to you. And it shouldn't."
Fassbender worries that his heavily publicized full-frontal nude scenes in "Shame" may have ruined his chances at Oscar gold.
"That peeing cost me an Oscar. ... After a certain point you worry that it kind of detracts from the movie. But there's nothing I can do. I just have to laugh it off. I can. Pretty much," he tells GQ. "Because I take my work seriously, but I can't take myself too seriously. I'm in such a crazy privileged position. S---, this is the pinnacle of the dream when I was 17. Nobody wants to hear really how difficult it is."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL & MSN:
Get the scoop on the RHONJ stars' recent whereabouts on Replay.Watch Video »
Julianne Hough, Victoria Beckham, and Nicole Scherzinger all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
Jennifer Lopez, Salma Hayek, and Sharon Stone all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders.Watch Video »
From Carrie Underwood to Duchess Kate; get the pregnancy scoop on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Take a look back at Prince William and Duchess Kate's cutest couple moments.Watch Video »
Lindsay Lohan, Cara Delevingne, and Rita Ora all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTJLaw at iHeart
From Crowd Ignite