Michelle Willams: Daughter Matilda Wanted 'Stripper Names' for New Puppy
- Photo: CPF/DHK/ZOJ/WENN1 of 16
- Photo: Wire Image/WENN2 of 16
- Photo: WENN3 of 16
- Photo: Dimitrios Kambouris/Getty Images North America4 of 16
- Photo: AB1/WENN5 of 16
- Photo: Ringo/Pacific Coast News6 of 16
- Photo: Annie Leibovitz/Vogue7 of 16
- Photo: Annie Leibovitz/Vogue8 of 16
- Photo: Annie Leibovitz/Vogue9 of 16
- Photo: Peter Kramer/Invision/AP10 of 16
- Photo: PPNY / GSNY/Splash News11 of 16
- Photo: KCSPresse/Splash News12 of 16
- Photo: Jeff Vespa/WireImage.com13 of 16
- Photo: Invision/AP14 of 16
- Photo: WENN15 of 16
More Celeb News
- American Idol: Is This the Most Boring Group of Contestants Ever?MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:47:00 PM
- Does Mel Gibson Deserve Another Chance?MSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:22:00 PM
- 'Fast & Furious 7' Resumes Production This MonthMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:02:00 PM
- Obama pitches his health care plan on Funny or DieMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 4:01:01 PM
- ABC's Ratings the Most Glaring Challenge for Anne Sweeney's SuccessorMSNEntertainment 3/11/2014 3:58:00 PM
- American Idol: Is This the Most Boring Group of Contestants Ever?
Michelle's mommy quandary!
Michelle Williams' daughter Matilda Ledger turns 6 on Friday. But the Brooklyn-dwelling kid already got a major thing on her wishlist in advance of her birthday.
"We just got a puppy," Williams, 31, revealed during an appearance on "The Ellen DeGeneres Show," airing Friday. "She's very into the puppy," which is a mixed "sort of spaniel thing," the Oscar nominee explained.
But a problem arose when the time came to name the canine cutie. "Her first ideas were...they sounded like stripper names!" Williams said. "She wanted something like, Crystal, Gem or Diamond."
The "My Week With Marilyn" star said she resisted the urge to be a "controlling mom...I was like, 'We can't have a dog named [that!]. But then I was like, 'You know what? Let her have it."
As it turns out, Matilda (whose father was the late Heath Ledger) settled on a less scandalous name: Lucky. "Which made me feel very lucky!" Williams cracked.
The acclaimed star also opened up to Ellen DeGeneres about her talked-about role as Marilyn Monroe in "My Week With Marilyn."
"I spent the next 6 months trying to talk myself out of [accepting the part] because it was just so daunting," Williams said of learning to morph into the Some Like It Hot siren. "I was never really a very good student. I didn't go to school for a terribly long time. I think I'm making up for it now. I worked so hard. I read all the books. I watched the movies. I was obsessed with her. I woke up with her every morning and I went to bed with her every night, in a way."
Find out what Oscar winners Jared Leto and Lupita Nyong’o have been up to since the Academy Awards on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
The Rock flexes massive muscle while getting sentimental on Celebs Gone Social hosted by Wonderwall editor Chris Gardner.Watch Video »
From Mila Kunis to Mary-Kate Olsen, get the scoop on all the engagements in Hollywood on Replay.Watch Video »
Ladies Who Cook
Find out where Drew Barrymore and Reese Witherspoon are and what they're doing on their latest "girl's trip" on Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
Check out the biggest fashion mistakes celebs made in 2012.Watch Video »
See what parts of their bodies stars like Jennifer Lopez and Heidi Klum have insurance policies for.Watch Video »
From Crowd Ignite