- Photo: KEN KATZ/StarTraks1 of 9
Unlike Miley Cyrus, Michelle Williams is destined to go long again. After rocking a famously admired blond pixie for years, the Oscar-nominated actress, 32, is growing out the locks, she told E! News.
"I think I'm ready," the "Oz the Great and Powerful" star, whose locks do indeed appear longer, said. "It's on its way, slowly but surely." Williams added that the short-to-long process has daunted her for years.
"That's why I've stayed with short hair for so long," Jason Segel's love said. "The midstage is insufferable. It's really hard on your self-esteem."
One person who may cheer William's longer tresses? Daughter Matilda, 8.
"What Matilda would love is for her mom to grow out the cropped hair, though that's unlikely to happen any time soon," Williams told ELLE back in November 2011. Indeed, it seemed that Williams' Twiggy-like look was a tribute to Matilda's late father, Heath Ledger.
"Straight men across the board are not into this hair!" Williams told ELLE. "I cut it for the one straight man who has ever liked short hair, and I wear it in memorial of somebody who really loved it." Ledger died of a drug overdose in January 2008 at age 28.
Keep clicking for more photos of Michelle's adorable pixie, before it's gone ...
- Bikini BurnsFrom Kim Kardashian to Jessica Alba, see the worst celeb sunburns.Watch Video »
- Double TroubleFrom the Olsens to the Mowrys, see some of Hollywood's most famous twins.Watch Video »
- Country CutiesCheck out the hottest couples in country music.Watch Video »
- Crazy QuotesCheck out some of Gwyneth Paltrow's craziest quotes.Watch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite