Michelle Williams' Pixie Cut Is a 'Memorial' to Heath LedgerRelated: Ashlee Simpson, Ginnifer Goodwin, Halle Berry, Katherine Heigl, Keira Knightley, Michelle Williams
- Photo: Elle/Promotional1 of 17
Reporting by UsWeekly
Keeping it short for Heath.
Michelle Williams made hair headlines when she cut her long blond, hair into a pixie cut -- a cropped look she's kept for a while now, even though not everyone's a huge fan, including her daughter Matilda, 6.
"What Matilda would love is for her mom to grow out the cropped hair, though that's unlikely to happen any time soon," Williams, 31, tells British ELLE, as excerpted by British paper The Telegraph.
"I've really grown into it," explains the "My Week With Marilyn" actress. "I feel like myself with short hair. And it's been a really long time since I had long hair, five years."
"Of course, the only people who like it are gay men and my girlfriends," the Oscar-nominated star jokes. "Straight men across the board are not into this hair!"
Except for one, very special straight man, that is: Heath Ledger, Matilda's dad and Williams' ex, who died in early 2008 at age 28 of an accidental drug overdose.
Explains Williams, who has been opening up of late about the devastating loss about the "Brokeback Mountain" icon: "I cut it for the one straight man who has ever liked short hair and I wear it in memorial of somebody who really loved it."
Keep clicking to see which other famous ladies have rocked super-cropped locks.
- Chief BeefKaty Perry incites a Twitter feud with a 17-year-old rapper. Get the dirty details on today's Celebs Gone Social.Watch Video »
- Fashion BluesKourtney Kardashian, Vanessa Hudgens and Tara Reid all get an F on this week's Fashion Offenders hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Fights & FeudsGet the scoop on some of the most recent Hollywood feuds on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Svelte BodKhloe Kardashian showed off her svelte figure, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Last TripGet the scoop on Kim’s final pre-baby Parisian getaway on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Magic LoveThe stars of "Now You See Me" chat learning magic tricks and experiencing the real deal.Watch Video »
- Workout ObsessedGwyneth Paltrow works out for two hours a day, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Twitter AttackFind out who went after Kendall Jenner on social media on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- 'Fast' TalkWatch as the cast of "Fast & furious 6" talk about getting injuries while filming, getting jacked and a whole lot more.Watch Video »
- Feeling SwollenKim Kardashian says her pregnancy lips are out of control, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Party AnimalsCheck out some of Hollywood's biggest party animals.Watch Video »
- Carrie's ChangesSee how this country cutie has changed her looks over the years.Watch Video »
- Moving OutRobert Pattinson has moved out of the house he shared with Kristen Stewart, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders.Watch Video »
- Who Am I?Check out how Vin Diesel, Paul Walker and more stars of "Fast & Furious 6" looked when they were in high school.Watch Video »
- LovebirdsFind out what Jessica Alba and Cash Warren tweeted to each other on their fifth wedding anniversary on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Worst LooksCheck out some of Rihanna's worst wardrobe choices on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- What's Sexy?Heidi Klum hangs with two comedy legends and shares what she finds most sexy in a man on today's Celebs Gone Social ...Watch Video »
- Sexy SecretsVictoria's Secret model Adriana Lima talks about the What's Sexy list, her model friends and more with Wonderwall.Watch Video »
- American TravelsGet the Prince's travel details on Replay hosted by Wonderwall's Kirby Kristen.Watch Video »
- Birthday GirlTori Spelling turns 40, plus more celeb stories on 7 Wonders, hosted by Tim Kash.Watch Video »
- Fashion OffendersFlorence Welch, Zoe Saldana, and Ali Larter all get an F on this week's Fashion OffendersWatch Video »
From Videos of Wonderwall
From MSN Entertainment
From Crowd Ignite