Michelle Williams: Why I Hated Doing 'Dawson’s Creek'
- Photo: Mark Von Holden/WireImage.com1 of 6
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP2 of 6
- Photo: ANG/Fame Pictures3 of 6
- Photo: WENN4 of 6
- Photo: Stuart Ramson/Invision/AP5 of 6
More Celeb News
- Jerry Bruckheimer, Paramount Reach 3 Year, First Look DealMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 7:54:27 AM
- Early Ratings: 'Sound of Music' Looks Like a Hit for NBCMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 7:46:24 AM
- Jimmy Kimmel Reminds Viewers Just How Sensitive Los Angeles Reporters Are To 'Cold&aposMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 7:43:14 AM
- Jon Stewart on Fox Commentator's Brave Stance Against the Pope (Video)MSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 7:37:11 AM
- Banksy mural fetches $209K at California auctionMSNEntertainment 12/6/2013 7:30:59 AM
- Jerry Bruckheimer, Paramount Reach 3 Year, First Look Deal
One thing Michelle Williams didn't want to wait for: the chance to shed her cheesy "Dawson's Creek" image.
"I said to a friend being on 'Dawson's Creek' was kind of like being a mobster," the actress, 30, told PopEater about appearing on the teen sitcom with Katie Holmes, Joshua Jackson and James Van der Beek. "You set up a shop selling pizza but in the back you're laundering money. You're doing one thing in plain sight and secretly plotting something else. I was plotting my tastes, my interests, my beliefs and hopes for what I could be."
Williams admitted it was a struggle to get substantial work after the show ended. "Yes, it was hard getting jobs I wanted," she said. "I was a pop tart. It took patience and baby steps."
The Oscar-nominated star, next up opposite Ryan Gosling in the indie flick "Blue Valentine," revealed her five-year-old daughter Matilda (with the late Heath Ledger) also has some more mature tastes.
"She's into Fred [Astaire] and Ginger [Rogers] right now," she said. "Don't get me wrong, she has her pop culture references, but I try to make a balance is all."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL & MSN:
RELATED ON USMAGAZINE.COM:
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTCheap Jewelry
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite