Michelle Williams: Why I Hated Doing 'Dawson’s Creek'
- Photo: Mark Von Holden/WireImage.com1 of 6
- Photo: Chris Pizzello/Invision/AP2 of 6
- Photo: ANG/Fame Pictures3 of 6
- Photo: WENN4 of 6
- Photo: Stuart Ramson/Invision/AP5 of 6
More Celeb News
- 'Hobbit' Sequel Will Outpace the First at Overseas Box Office - And That'MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 2:01:30 PM
- Sundance Short Films: Movies From Danny Pudi, Rose McGowan Highlight LineupMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 1:22:02 PM
- Aziz Ansari, Zoe Saldana and Olivia Wilde to Reveal Golden Globe NominationsMSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 1:09:46 PM
- TheWrap Screening Series: Georgian Oscar Hopeful 'In Bloom' Mixes Pubescence With MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 1:06:41 PM
- Calm Down, People Julie Andrews Hasn't Even Watched 'The Sound of Music Live&MSNEntertainment 12/10/2013 1:03:43 PM
- 'Hobbit' Sequel Will Outpace the First at Overseas Box Office - And That'
One thing Michelle Williams didn't want to wait for: the chance to shed her cheesy "Dawson's Creek" image.
"I said to a friend being on 'Dawson's Creek' was kind of like being a mobster," the actress, 30, told PopEater about appearing on the teen sitcom with Katie Holmes, Joshua Jackson and James Van der Beek. "You set up a shop selling pizza but in the back you're laundering money. You're doing one thing in plain sight and secretly plotting something else. I was plotting my tastes, my interests, my beliefs and hopes for what I could be."
Williams admitted it was a struggle to get substantial work after the show ended. "Yes, it was hard getting jobs I wanted," she said. "I was a pop tart. It took patience and baby steps."
The Oscar-nominated star, next up opposite Ryan Gosling in the indie flick "Blue Valentine," revealed her five-year-old daughter Matilda (with the late Heath Ledger) also has some more mature tastes.
"She's into Fred [Astaire] and Ginger [Rogers] right now," she said. "Don't get me wrong, she has her pop culture references, but I try to make a balance is all."
RELATED ON WONDERWALL & MSN:
RELATED ON USMAGAZINE.COM:
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTHoliday Spirit
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite