Mickey Rourke to Wrestle Greek Gods
- Photo: Retna Ltd.1 of 7
- Photo: Splash News2 of 7
- Photo: Michel Euler/Invision/AP3 of 7
- Photo: RD/ Cortes/Retna Digital4 of 7
- Photo: © RD / Cortes/Retna Digital5 of 7
- Photo: Frazer Harrison/GettyImages.com6 of 7
More Celeb News
- CW Scores Biggest Tuesday Audience in 5 Years With 'Originals,' 'SupernatMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:38:41 PM
- Paul Walker Death: 'Fast & Furious' Franchise Posts Tribute on YouTube (ViMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:35:39 PM
- If PG-13 Is the Moneymaker, Why Is Hollywood Cranking Out So Many R-Rated Movies?MSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:28:09 PM
- Alejandro Gonzalez Inarritu to direct 'Jungle Book' movie for Warner Bros.MSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:26:12 PM
- Best & Worst 2013: Movie Moments of the Year '12 Years a Slave,' &apoMSNEntertainment 12/4/2013 4:19:43 PM
- CW Scores Biggest Tuesday Audience in 5 Years With 'Originals,' 'Supernat
Golden Globe winning actor Mickey Rourke will suit up for battle in 'War of the Gods.'
Hollywood's resident bad-boy is set to play the villain, King Hyperion, according to Variety. He will join 'Slumdog Millionaire' breakout star Freida Pinto in the film.
Pinto will star as Phaedra, an oracle priestess. Her character must join Theseus, played by "The Tudors"' Henry Cavill, to avoid the outbreak of catastrophic war. Theseus and his fellow warriors seek to save mankind by entering into battle with the powerful elder gods of the Titans. His force also struggles to defeat evil by fighting the immortal Greek gods.
Variety reports that the cast will hit the battle field in April, when filming begins.
Related stories: 'Slumdog' Sweethearts?Stars Aligned for Freida Pinto
Like us on Facebook?
UP NEXTCause of Death
From Videos of Wonderwall
From Crowd Ignite